DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Record and Playback with Oracle Apps Release 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RHALFORD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Record and Playback with Oracle Apps Release 12 Reply with quote

Anyone tried record and playback yet with Release 12?

According to Oracle support you use ?record=collect and it generated an FRD file in $FORMS_TRACE_DIR called collect_<pid>

I've been though the trace file and its more at a debug level than record/playback.

There is reference on metalink to using record=forms tracegroup=light in the forms runtime paramters profile, but this doesn't seem to produce anything.

Anyone know of a working set up for either ICX: Forms Launcher or $FORMS_TRACE_DIR?
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we have been testing record and playback with R12 and found it to work well. The setup is largely the same as for 11i but there are some detail differences and we are currently documenting these. The DataLoad User Guide and web site will be updated shortly with these instructions.

The main change that is required to your R12 install is to change the forms protocol to be Socket rather than Servlet (HTTP/HTTPS). The latter is the standard in R12 but Forms Playback only works when Forms is run in Socket mode. However, Oracle fully support socket mode, provide scripts to switch to this mode and the switchover is a straightforward and quick change that only affects the server. Indeed, there are situations where Socket is the preferred protocol anyway because it is lighter on network traffic that the HTTP/HTTPS protocols, so unless you need the additional security of HTTPS or some of the additional architecture options provided by HTTP/HTTPS then Socket may well be the preferred approach.

Regards,

Jonathan Stuart,
DataLoad Support.
RHALFORD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Thanks
The only problem is that I don't think changing to socket will be an option though. Certainly servlets are the Oracle preferred solution.

Although switching between the socket/servlet mode is straightforwards at the server end (just run a script) it does mean updating each client too.

From the look of the servlet output the info is all there, just with a whole heap of other info too, so filtering the output file could be possible. I havn't looked at playback at all yet though.
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may well be possible to get playback to work with servlet mode, we just haven't tested this yet. Servlets are Oracle's default soluton now and certain architecture options only work with servlets, but socket mode is equally supported and Oracle document that this is a better option in some scenarios.

Changing from socket to servlet mode should just mean a change on the server and not clients too. What change are you think of that is required on the client?

Thanks,

Jonathan
RHALFORD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I havn't got back for a bit. The metalink articles on servlet to sock specify a change to the set up of the client PC java set up. I'm not sure if this is still applicable to a non JInitiator environment though.

I have spoken to the dba team though about this, and in addition going to socket mode is not an optional avaliable to us.

I think the main issue we have now is all the extra information that R12 logs in the fld file that DL Professional doesn't seem to like. I it looks like all the info expected is being recorded, but with a whole heap of additional stuff.
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DataLoad V4.3.9.0 was released today and this contains full R12 compatibility, including updated setup instructions. Forms Playback works fine in both socket and servlet (HTTP) mode but the setup required is different compared to 11i and the new setup instructions will need to be followed to get forms playback to work in R12:

http://www.dataload.net/help/recplay/setup.htm

Jonathan[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: