DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to load multiple column LOV with Forms Playback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amanda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: How to load multiple column LOV with Forms Playback Reply with quote

I just recently purchased the Dataload Professional Version and so far I’ve had great results using the product, except for one pricing attribute load.

I am trying to load price list lines into an existing price list, with pricing attributes tied to a customer item number. The session records ok, but the LOV in the pricing attributes form won’t load when I play back the session. It is the LOV for the pricing_attr_value_from_disp field, which has multiple columns. During recording, I open the entire list of values and then choose the appropriate customer & customer item number. The record session stores the value in one cell with “” around each of the two values.

When I play it back the load, I get to the LOV field for the first time and the load just stops, with no error or message.

I can email the *.fld or screen shot of my forms if that would help.

I am using Oracle E-Business Suite version 11i.10.2

I need to roll out new pricing by the end of next week, so any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance,
Amanda
Mr. Green
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amanda,

Generally we recommend you do not use LOVs in forms playback loads. This is for 2 reasons:

1. Where the LOV contains multiple columns - as many do - you must enter the correct data for all these columns in the DataLoad cell, each being surrounded by "".
2. LOVs appear to cause more issues on playback than any other functionality in Oracle's forms playback scripts.

Where the LOV is just used in a one-off activity in a load header, E.G. to select the organisation, this generally doesn't cause an issue, but you should try to avoid LOVs in the main load. We recommend you plan in advance what data will be entered during your recording so that you do not need to use LOVs and can type in the values instead. That will give you a more reliable load and one where the data is easier to manage, because you don't have LOV cells containing multiple values.

Please try recording your load again without using the LOV and see if that fixes this issue.

Jonathan Stuart.
amanda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Can't type value into LOV Reply with quote

The problem I really have then is that I don’t know how to type in the values. I know what the values are, the customer name and customer item number, but I can’t find a way to type them in that doesn’t require opening the LOV. Do you know how I can accomplish this? I’ve tried all kinds of variations, but can’t seem to get the pricing attributes form to accept the typed values.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greaty appreciated! Confused
Simon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't type value into LOV Reply with quote

amanda wrote:
The problem I really have then is that I don’t know how to type in the values. I know what the values are, the customer name and customer item number, but I can’t find a way to type them in that doesn’t require opening the LOV. Do you know how I can accomplish this? I’ve tried all kinds of variations, but can’t seem to get the pricing attributes form to accept the typed values.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greaty appreciated! Confused

Hi Amanda, I have loaded information into LOV's such as Account Low/ Hgh ranges with alot of success. I found to ensure that you capture the subsequent columns you need to TAB past it and then back to it (Shift TAB) and then record the data in the field. In the case of Low / High Ranges the High is automatically populated and this value needs to be deleted otherwise Dataload only records the first value.

I am not sure if this helps.

Simon
amanda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that the valueset for the lov was not set up correctly. I changed the valueset so I could type in the values. This solved my dataloading issue.
Thanks. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: