DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording works, playback doesn't
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pam Marple

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Recording works, playback doesn't Reply with quote

I am attempting to get Dataload Professional to work with Oracle Apps 11.5.10.2. Record works okay using the parameter below, however playback doesn't. The data is inserted into the table, however the application itself hangs. I've gone through the setup documentation, the common problems and the forums. I've tried minimizing the window as suggested to no avail. I've also deleted the "&config=playback" from the playback parameter as suggested, again no luck.

I've verified with our dba that the appsweb.cfg file on the application server has the required lines per the setup directions.

I've set up the System Profile option "ICX: Forms Launcher" at the user level with these parameters:

to record:
http://tysldodb03.xt.org:8005/dev60cgi/f60cgi?record=xxt_test.fld

to playback:
http://tysldodb03.xt.org:8005/dev60cgi/f60cgi?record=reclog.fld%20play=xxt_test.fld&config=playback

I am attempting to playback the file in the same environment as it was created in.

Our forms version: Oracle Forms: 6.0.8.24.1

Any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated!
kprough

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Playback not working Reply with quote

I am having the same problem you are. Have you been able to resolve it? I've been working with my DBA, and he believes the problem is caused by the form opening up a pop-up window, and DataLoad can't capture this. I just wanted to touch base, and see if we could possibly help each other out.

Regards,
Kathy Prough
Pam Marple

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy, thank you for replying to my post. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to pursue this further. If I am able to resolve this, I will let you know.
David

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A common problem on Unix servers is that the files are "owned" by the user who created them and are not visible to anybody else. At the Unix command prompt, change to the directory containing your file and enter the command:
Code:
chmod 666 xxt_test.fld

This will change the attributes to allow others (e.g. the APPS Server) to read your file.

Cool Please let me know if this solves your problem.

David.

P.S. Sorry, the above originally said "chmod 66", when it should have been "chmod 666" as it says now.
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator

Last edited by David on Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Pam Marple

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Playback not working Reply with quote

The permissions set on the file are 644 -- owner read and write, group read, all other read. I did try setting the group and other also to write (666), but it didn't make a difference.

When the playback starts, the first few columns of the data are filled in on the form, then the form hangs. However all the data is saved to the database.
kprough

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Same results as Pam Reply with quote

I am experiencing the exact same problem as Pam. The file's directory has 777 permissions. The first query begins to execute, then the form hangs. If I only have a few updates in my DataLoad file, they are made, even though the form hangs. If I try to update more, say 50, only the first few updates are made, and the form still hangs.

Regards,
Kathy
David

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Playback not working Reply with quote

Pam Marple wrote:
The permissions set on the file are 644 -- owner read and write, group read, all other read. I did try setting the group and other also to write (666), but it didn't make a difference.

When the playback starts, the first few columns of the data are filled in on the form, then the form hangs. However all the data is saved to the database.

Pam,

Embarassed Sorry, as you can see, I have updated the "chmod" command my original reply.

Embarassed Sorry, I also missed the fact that the records are being written to the database (which is a good thing) but the application hangs (not so good). Do you have to close the Oracle Applications and go back in, or does it just hang until the updates have completed, then return to normal behaviour?

David.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
kprough

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Must force close Oracle Apps (Task Manager) Reply with quote

Hi David:

When Oracle Apps locks up, I must go into Task Manager to force close it. Also, not all records in the template are being updated, only the first few.

Regards,
Kathy
Pam Marple

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your quick replies! I too use the Task Manager to close the application. I haven't tried more than a few records in the load file.
David

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Same question as for Pam Reply with quote

kprough wrote:
I am experiencing the exact same problem as Pam. The file's directory has 777 permissions.

Now, I am prepared to stand corrected by anybody who know more about Unix than I do (which wouldn't be difficult), but I don't think that the files automatically inherit the directory's attributes. If you create a file and put it into the directory, I believe that you still have to "chmod 666" the file.

Pam,

Could you please send copies of both the "reclog.fld" file and the "xxt_test.fld" file from the playback session to support@dataload.net and give them this link:- http://www.dataload.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49? I think that this should help them to diagnose what is going on.

Cool Let's get to the bottom of this.

David.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
David

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: My own experience Reply with quote

BTW, I have managed to load over 1700 cross-segment validation rule elements at a time using DataLoad Professional, so I know that it does work. I am confident that DataLoad Support will be able to help. And remember, if you have the Professional version you have paid for, and are entitled to, support.

Cool HTH

David

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
Pam Marple

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,

Thank you for all your suggestions. We did purchase the Professional version and did email the support department on 8/15, however we have not heard from them. Just a moment ago, I again tried to email support sending them the reclog.fld and the link to this posting, however I received a failure notice -- it seems their mailbox is full. But I will continue trying.

Thanks again for all your help. Have a great day! Smile

Pam
kprough

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Same response from Support Reply with quote

Hi David:

Thank you for your help! We are also experiencing no response from support.

Regards,
Kathy
David

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Tardy Response from DataLoad Support Reply with quote

I have just telephoned and spoken to Jonathan, the Main Man on DataLoad Support, who tells me that he has been off on paternity leave; hence the lack of response. He is also aware of the problem that their email inbox is full; it seems that lots of people send them screenshots, etc., without zipping them up, which tends to fill their inbox very rapidly. Can you please zip the two files and send them again? Hopefully the inbox will be slightly less full now.

He has assured me that he will try to address this issue as quickly as he possibly can. If you don't hear anything by close of business today, try calling the number on the "Contact Us" page during UK Business hours on Monday.

Cool HTH

David.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
kprough

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks for your help, David.
Kathy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: