DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems switching from JInitiator to JRE?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sean@DFP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Problems switching from JInitiator to JRE? Reply with quote

Hi

I previously had Dataload Professional configured and working fine on my Oracle 11.5.10 development environment. Forms recording worked first time and I was able to open the fld file and create a playback template. Playback worked fine as well.

Since refreshing this environment, however, I've run into problems with forms recording . When I open the fld file for editing with Dataload (5.2.1.0) I'm constantly getting a 'file appears to be incomplete. If it is intended for future playback it may not work' error. Even the most basic two field and save session presents this error. Playback of files from templates I'd recorded before the refresh continues to work well.

So what has gone wrong with the forms recording? I've been over my config many times and it is exactly as I'd had it configured previously with ICX: Forms Launcher profile settings for playback and recording pasted straight back in as they were previously.

The only thing that has changed is that the server was upgraded from JInitiator 1.3.1.29to use JRE 1.6.0.11.

Is this likely to be a factor? Has anyone else had problems recording sessions with JRE?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Many Thanks

Sean
jimboy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are in the process of switching our instances to JRE. I have had no problems with dataloader (4.3.7.0) using JRE...except for one instance. In that case, I receive the error message:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/forms/ui/FScalingImageCanvas

This occurs even after a clone from a working instance. While this may not be a dataloader issue, I thought it may relate to this JRE topic.

Any help is appreciated.
Sean@DFP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not having any error message like that. In fact, my issue may not be JRE related at all so I'd rather not get the two issues confused.

My problem is that the fld output from recording is giving errors when I try to edit it in Dataload when it previously worked fine. JRE is the only thing that I can think of as having changed in my setup but may be a red herring.

Any other suggestions?

TIA

Sean
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It is unlikely that this issue is related to JRE (although the change from JInitiator to JRE can cause issues) and it is more likely to be related to the actions performed when the load was recorded. I see that you have emailed us a copy of your file so we will look at that and get back to you shortly.

Thanks,

Jonathan
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have reviewed your recorded file and it looks to be valid, that is it should play correctly. Have you tried changing/adding data to the load and running a playback? The message you are seeing is just a warning because in this load DataLoad can't find enough of the "indicators" to prove that the load will work, so this message is displayed as a warning. This is just a warning because DataLoad can't be 100% sure whether or not a load is valid, mainly because it doesn't know the structure of the form you are loading in. In your case I think the load is valid and will playback so you can ignore the warning. Please test playback so we know whether that is the case or not. If the load does play correctly and you find this warning message an annoyance then we could add an enhancement to DataLoad so that the message is only displayed once rather than every time the load is opened. Please let me know if you would find that useful but first I would like to determine whether or not this warning is spurious.

Thanks and regards,

Jonathan
jimboy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue that I was having regarding the message:
'java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/forms/ui/FScalingImageCanvas '
has been resolved.

Since the production instance has been changed over to JRE, the dataloaders that I run will process from 10 - 300 records at a time. Then the dataloader locks up. It's very hard to tell when it actually locks because I don't get to see the forms advance like I used to.

Does the newest version have any issues with JRE? Any help on why I can't process a large .fld?

Thanks in advance.
Jim
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim

Unfortunately this isn't an issue with DataLoad so it isn't related to the version of DataLoad you use. The problem is something in JRE6 that locks up, apparently because of the large number of screen updates during the load. I have two suggestions.

First, make sure the ICX: Forms Launcher Profile option at user level for your playback user does not contain either of the following:

&config=playback
&code=oracle.forms.engine.mainRT

If one of those is in the value then please remove it, save the change and try another playback. What happens?

If that doesn't work then we have a utility we can provide that has helped some customers with these issues.

Thanks,

Jonathan
jimboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response Jonathan. The problem still exists, but I don't think it's related to dataloader. I'll explain in a minute.

I have read many of these posts and have verified that the Forms Launcher does not contain those values.

I have worked with our DBA, and he has instructed our hosting service to 'Re-link of the 806 home and then running auto config'. This re-linking has seemed to work in the past, and it was recently done for the current form that I am using. The dataloads have been better.

Should I continue to have problems, I'll try to first work with my DBA and the re-linking. If I still think the dataloads are not working like they used to, I'll contact you regarding your utility.

Also, there are plans to upgrade to the latest version in January. I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks,
Jim
tagiko

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DataLoad wrote:
Jim

Unfortunately this isn't an issue with DataLoad so it isn't related to the version of DataLoad you use. The problem is something in JRE6 that locks up, apparently because of the large number of screen updates during the load. I have two suggestions.

First, make sure the ICX: Forms Launcher Profile option at user level for your playback user does not contain either of the following:

&config=playback
&code=oracle.forms.engine.mainRT

If one of those is in the value then please remove it, save the change and try another playback. What happens?

If that doesn't work then we have a utility we can provide that has helped some customers with these issues.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Can I have the utility you mentioned please ? Thank you!

My E-mail address is : miaozhicong@gmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: