DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DataLoad with Forms recording for regression testing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shisamud

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: DataLoad with Forms recording for regression testing Reply with quote

Hello,

We are evaluating the DataLoad product as an option for a regression testing tool that will simulate our typical business process (ex: enter/book orders, release jobs, ship jobs, etc) in Oracle EBS R12. This way we can test software changes by simulating UI activities to make sure that a set of standard "test cases" work before deploying new software (we have several custom Forms extensions to Oracle EBS). So we are more interested in the Forms records/playback feature rather than the macros.

I would like to know if anyone is using or planning to use DataLoad for regression testing. Based on my research so far, it appears that this tool is mostly used for automating high volume data entry (mostly for setup data - users, flexfields, etc).

I have done some basic testing using the Classic version of the tool with Forms recording/playback with mixed results. Before I spend more time on it, I would like really like to get feedback from others who are using it for similar purposes. Is this something worthwhile to consider for what we want to use it for?

Another question I have is what does DataLoad tool provide as a value-added functionality in terms on Forms recording/playback since it seems to be simply using the standard Oracle Forms recording/playback features.
shisamud

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: DataLoad with Forms recording for regression testing Reply with quote

Any feedback, please! Apparently a lot of you are using the Forms recording/playback feature. What are you using this for? How is the DataLoad product with respect to Forms recording/playback? I would really appreciate some responses.

A few additional questions specific to Forms recording/playback feature in DataLoad:

- Can we assign field values dynamically (ex: contract due date based on today's date)
- Do you have issues selecting from LOVs
- Benefit of Editing FLD playback files manually (in a text editor) vs in DataLoad
- Is there a way to way to check for success/failure of a testcase (check against expected values)
- Can we add "waits" to the playback
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: