DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DataLoad Pro Forms Playback slower than manual entry of Data

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtowne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: DataLoad Pro Forms Playback slower than manual entry of Data Reply with quote

Last weekend our Oracle Apps were upgraded to 11i.5.10.2. The default location of record/playback files was changed to where Oracle wanted it. It was previously my home directory. The Forms Playback now runs slower than either Macro files (.dld) or manual entry in the application. Have you any clues for me? Should I try 4.3.7beta2?
David

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffery,

I take it that you have read and actioned all of the points in the manual relevant to 11.5.10 - http://www.dataload.net/help/recplay/setup.htm#11510 ?

Have you tried re-recording your load with 11.5.10.2, in case the form has changed subtly?

Idea Tip:-
It can be useful to use Classic to record in Professional. Then you can be certain that the keystrokes are consistent for each record in your load:-
1.) Create your Classic load.
2.) Start Professional in "Record" mode, enter your userid and password, navigate to the form, then play back your Classic load.
As long as the Classic load works properly, you are guaranteed a perfect Professional recording every time!

Cool HTH

David
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
jtowne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are currently reexamining the setup. Because of the recent upgrade, patches are being applied at a pace that makes it hard to check the Forms playback performance with any confidence.

Confused Files have been freshly recorded with no change to the performance. I recorded one using Classic and had the same experience with unusually slow playback. I tested the change of an item weight with Classic, Forms playback, and manual input. My test quantity was 5. Classic took 5 seconds per item, manual entry took 9-10 seconds per item and the Forms load took 25-26 second per item.

Dataload Pro has been one of my work horses for years now. Hopefully I'll find the solution in the Oracle application itself. When the remedy is found I'll pass it on. Until then, perhaps someone will think of something that may speed the process.

Thanks.
David

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jtowne wrote:
Classic took 5 seconds per item, manual entry took 9-10 seconds per item and the Forms load took 25-26 second per item.

Shocked If it takes 9-10 seconds to load one item manually, I would say that you have serious performance issues with your system! Is your APPS DBA aware of the situation? Is there a "trace" set on somewhere that is recording everything that is happening? Do you get the same performance issue on other forms? If not, find the form name (Help, About Oracle Applications) and try searching MetaLink using the keywords "11.5.10" (including the quotes), "performance" (excluding the quotes) and your form name.

I don't know if this is at all relevant:
https://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/f?p=130:3:1993471243546316276::::p3_database_id,p3_docid,p3_show_header,p3_show_help,p3_black_frame,p3_font:NOT,334433.1,1,1,1,helvetica
Cool HTH

David.
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
jtowne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed I'm sorry, the times mentioned are cycle times. The cycle consisted of query item, navigate to field, change value, save. I was trying to illustrate the differences between the three entry types with the emphasis on the slowness of the Forms Launched process.

My time with our system admin. has been limited by daily work load, but my current focus is on the affect of the inclusion/exclusion of "...&code=oracle.forms.engine.MainRT" and "...&config=playback" in the playback profile.
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffery,

The DataLoad forms playback load can't tell Oracle what speed to work at, it just provides a list of commands for Oracle to process as fast as it can. The speed issue will be an Oracle problem but I haven't come across a situation before where a forms playback load is slower than macro. Normally the form is either fast or slow regardless of how the data is loaded.

I like the idea in your last post. Try removing "&config=playback" from the ICX: Forms Launcher profile option for your playback user. That turns off screen updates and this can fix various issues, especially in recent versions of JInitiator.

Regards,

Jonathan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: