DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AP INVOICE IN R12 - TO PUT ON HOLD - LARGE VOLUME

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emanuel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: AP INVOICE IN R12 - TO PUT ON HOLD - LARGE VOLUME Reply with quote

HI

I need to put my AP Invoices on hold in Oracle R12

The number of Invoices are approximately 1 lac

I have tried using the Data Loader from front end to use the hold functionality, but due to the large volume it is taking too much time

Please suggest a way around to put the hold on the AP Invoices by some data load script or a way around to handle such large volume

Rgds
Emanuel
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emanuel,

I am assuming you are working in Oracle's "core" forms and not Self Service (but let me know if you are in Self Service and we can then give you another option). If so, then with DataLoad you have 3 options to speed up this process. All of these required DataLoad Professional. The options are:

1. Load Control - This makes Macro loads much faster and more reliable and enables you to remove most delays from your Macro load. It is the easiest approach because it only requires one checkbox to be ticked in DataLoad and everything else is handled automatically. It is the best approach where you need to make a Macro load work much faster.

2. Forms Playback - This still loads data through the front end but uses a totally different approach to Macro loads. It is even faster than Load Control and delivers the fastest forms loads although does require more learning than with Load Control.

3. DataLoad Scripting - This can be used to make changes directly in the database. This will always produce the fastest loads but because it works with the database rather than through the forms some technical knowledge will be required.

Any of those 3 options will help you and each one is faster than the previous one but also requires more effort or training. If you are loading through Self Service then you should look at Browser Control because that delivers very fast Self Service loads and is the equivalent there of Forms Playback.

Let me know if you need any more help with this.

Thanks,

Jonathan Stuart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: