DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next Step after Setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
headboy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Next Step after Setup Reply with quote

A DBA has completed the recording and playback setup per the userguide which I now want to test. I am not clear (from the userguide) What the next step is?

How do I start recording - is it automatic i.e. when I login and populate, for example, a complete record of cost centre segment values?

The userguide states "As soon as you start an Oracle Forms session using the record parameter...

What is the record parameter?

Help!!!
David

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, sorry to take so long to reply.

Secondly, have you read and understood the setup that is required and which options your DBA has taken? You will need to read this http://www.dataload.net/help/recplay/setup.htm and discuss it with your Apps DBA. It may appear a bit technical at first, but do bear with it - when you understand it, DataLoad Professional becomes a lot clearer.

Thirdly, read this http://www.dataload.net/help/recplay/background.htm and work your way down the navigation buttons on the left side of the page (Background, Overview, Setup - as above, Create a Load - 1, etc). It will take some time to work through it, but once you have done so, and understand what is involved, you will find DataLoad Professional a real joy to work with. The Overview talks about copying files between your PC and the server. You will need to discuss with your Apps DBA and/or your Systems people exactly how this can be achieved, probably using an FTP program of some sort. Remember that when you copy your Playback file to the server, it must be visible to the Oracle Applications - on Unix you have to CHMOD 666 the file - so discuss this with your Apps DBA and/or your Systems people too.

Cool HTH and do get back to us if you need any more help.
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: