DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FDFAVS3 Error when loading large number of records

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siemon_USA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: FDFAVS3 Error when loading large number of records Reply with quote

When loading data into Oracle, have been getting the following error. APP-FND-01564: ORACLE error 1008 in FDFAVS3. Cause: FDFAVS3 failed due to ORA-01008: not all variables bound. These were large files with about 45,000 rows in the *.fld file.

We also saw that when the job was processing, the memory usage, on the application server increase to about 1MG a second. We are current on 11.5.10.2 on the application.

When processing file with 6 to 7 hundred records, the job didn’t error out, but the memory usage still increase 1MG per second.

Has anyone encountered similar issues?
David

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although the error message is different, you might want to look at http://www.dataload.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63, where Jonathan Stuart of DataLoad Support says that the volumes of records that you are processing may result in less reliable processing in Oracle Forms. He suggests that you "keep your load volumes down to a size that is reliable".

Instead of having one big load of 45,000 rows, you could break this down into 9 loads of 5,000 rows or 100 loads of 450 rows. You will need to find out what size is reliable in your own environment.

In my last project, I frequently had to update 8 separate organisations on 3 different instances at the same time, which meant running the same file 24 times. Instead of waiting for the first one to finish before starting the second (as you would have to do with DataLoad Classic), I would start them up, one immediately after the other. If I was quick enough, I could actually start the 24th before the 1st one finished, so all 24 were running in parallel! How cool is that?

Cool HTH

David
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: