DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new file extension . FLD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matkkla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: new file extension . FLD Reply with quote

Good afternoon

I need to create an extension file. FLD from zero, using the professional datalaod. The purpose is to create a file that you have but columns that the current file that I use to carry out loads in Oracle...............
They could explain to me detailedly like it is believed from the beginning the file. FLD, since I have tried but for defect the application of professional dataload believes a file.DLD.
She/he will thank their cooperation, I wait their answer since to the brevity I need to carry out new loads.
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The FLD file is recorded for you by Oracle. To create your load you need to start Oracle in "recording" mode, perform the actions that you want automated in your load, and Oracle will create the FLD file in the location you specified on the application server.

Please review the following web page for an overview of the process for creating, editing and running forms playback (FLD) files:

http://www.dataload.net/help/recplay/overview.htm

Let us know if you have any questions about this process.

Thanks,

Jonathan,
DataLoad Support.
Matkkla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon

Today I can carry out the load of the file with extension.FLD to oracle without any problem, this file has 30 columns and I need to create a file that contains 45 columns or those that it is necessary.
The point is that I can not modify the file that has 30 columns and one doesn't eat to create an extension file.FLD from zero.

Please I need to taste step like step as creating a new file.FLD

Thanks
David

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matkkla,

If you want to create a .fld file with 45 columns, then you will have to record the necessary steps, using the 45 pieces of data. When you do the "record" process, the system creates information about the fields being used on the form along with the data you enter. If the form has 30 fields, then you can enter 30 values. If you enter:

field1 - data1
field2 - data2
field3 - data3
field29 - data29
field30 - field30

then that is what DataLoad Professional will record in the .FLD file. If you want to add data31 to data45, which fields should DataLoad enter these in? All 30 fields of the form already have data.

If the form has 45 fields, but you normally only populate 30 of them, then you have to record a session where you complete all 45 fields (even if you have to use dummy data). When you load the resultant .FLD file into DataLoad, you can then blank out the cells that you don't normally use (note:- remove the data from the cells using the Delete key or the Backspace key, do not delete the columns).

If the above explanation still does not help, then let me know which form you are using (and the navigation to it) and what it is that you are trying to achieve. I will do my best to help.

Cool HTH

David
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
Matkkla

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good days

The exact problem, is that one doesn't eat to create a file.FLD with 45 columns. since when using the application of Dataload Professional Dataload I believe a file that she/he believes with extension when being recorded.DLD, and the application of Dataload Professional doesn't show the alternative of keeping like file.FLD.
I wait their comments and I thank the help.

Matkkla
David

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you manually create a DataLoad Classic file, it defaults to the extension .dld but you can not manually create a DataLoad Professional file - it must be recorded by Oracle Forms. The file name that is created by the "Record" process in Oracle Forms is specified in the DataLoad Professional Setup - please refer to http://www.dataload.net/help/recplay/setup.htm#Forms6. It is suggested that you use the extension .fld so that DataLoad can recognise the file as a "Record" file generated by Oracle Forms.

Cool HTH

David
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: