DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can Professional switch between Oracle Responsibilities?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Can Professional switch between Oracle Responsibilities? Reply with quote

Hi, I am currently working on a global one box 11.5.10 implementation and I woud like to know if anyone has been able to get Professional to switch responsibilites and run the same load in another responsibiity. ie Add Period end rates in different sets of books (SoB's)

The only way I know how to do this is use Classic via a marco.

Any help would be appreciate as I have got around 168 SoB's Very Happy

Cheers,

Simon
David

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Please refer to http://www.dataload.net/help/recplay/setup.htm where you will find that there are two ways to launch Oracle Applications. One is via the "Personal Home Page"/"E-Business Suite Home page" and I suspect that this is the method that you use. The other is to access Oracle Forms directly, ie by-passing the Personal Home Page. In this case, you specify the URL you use to launch forms, and this must be configured to start a recording or playback session.

All of my experience so far with DataLoad Professional has been using the second method. When you use this method, DataLoad records the userid, password and responsibility in the .fld files. You can display them in DataLoad by doing Tools, View Source, but you cannot change them. You will have to SAVE the file from within DataLoad, then edit the file to change the Responsibility (and/userid/password if necessary). Reload the file into DataLoad to make sure that it still works.

I had to load 1,100 Cross-segment Validation Rules with two elements in each, into each of eight SoB, in each of three environments (TEST, UAT1, UAT2) all in one day. I did this by starting with a single .fld file which I copied 8 times with a different responsibility in the header of each copy. I then copied these 8 files into the TEST environment.

Then I fired off the first DataLoad via the URL in TEST and waited about 2-3 minutes for it to complete, then I had a quick check that it looked OK. Then I started up the other seven DataLoads in TEST and let them all load together, although the first one had finished before I could start the last one. I then had another check, a bit more in-depth this time, and all still looked OK.

After lunch, I copied the 8 files and repeated the process for UAT1 and UAT2, which took about 10 minutes per environment.

Cool HTH

David
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
Simon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

We are using the first method via Oracle MyHomePage.

What I was after was to have one Dataload script which would start in one responsibility add the appropriate data then switch to another responsibility and add the data and continue to the end. I did not want to create individual dataload scripts.

I have created a macro version which does this, but as with Marco scripts they are prone to network issues and can trip up. Hence my question can Professional switch between responsibilities like the classic version.

Look like it can't.

Thanks

Simon
David

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be possible, but try this out in a TEST environment first.

1.) record the required .fld file and load it into DataLoad, then save it,
2.) edit the saved file using a text editor, select all of the text, copy it and paste it at the end of the file, changing the responsibility,
3.) repeat step 2 for another two or three responsibilities, then save.

Try running this as a single DataLoad in a TEST environement. If it works, extend it to do all 168 SoB's. If it doesn't work, let us know what happened and perhaps DataLoad Support can help us.

Either way, please let us know the outcome.

David
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: