DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

appsweb.cfg setup modification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dshaver

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: appsweb.cfg setup modification Reply with quote

Hi all,

Is there any way that the Forms Playback option can be envoked WITHOUT making the appsweb.cfg modification? We have an immediate need to load thousands of Oracle Apps Vendor Site records and would love to do it quickly via this option. However, making a modification to the appsweb.cfg file would require extensive regression testing due to the number of Oracle Applications we have licensed and are using.

Currently we only have the "free" version of dataloader. I have made the ICX Forms Launcher profile modification and created the loader script with 2 records. I then updated the script, placed it back out in the appropriate Unix directory, updated the ICX profile option to record & playback, and did not include the &config/&code option.

When I relaunch Oracle Applications, and click on the responsibility, I'm taken to the Navigation screen, but nothing happens, however, the system does not hang up either. After about 30 minutes I exit the application and retrieve the Unix Log. Below are the contents:

# Forms 6.0 Event File
# Created: 18-OCT-2006 16:36:24

# 1 - FNDSCSGN:NAVIGATOR.TYPE.1161214587313602000
WINDOW FNDSCSGN NAVIGATOR ACTIVATE 1

# 2 - FNDSCSGN:NAVIGATOR.TYPE.1161215536905190000
MENU MAGIC MAGIC QUIT

# 3 - FNDSCSGN:NAVIGATOR.TYPE.1161215538920272000
USER_EXIT CHOICE OK

I've also included the first part of the DataLoader script in hopes someone might be able to tell why it never gets past the first command.

# Forms 6.0 Event File
# Created: 18-OCT-2006 13:48:40
# Edited using DataLoad V4.3.7.0, 10/18/2006 2:06:54 PM
##BLOCKS SITE
##DESC=
##FIRSTVALUE=2
##LASTVALUE=9
##CLICKFIELDS=PAY_SITE_FLAG.SITE.FINPO02A
##FONTNAME=Default
##FONTSIZE=8
##WINCHNG
##WINDEC
USER_EXIT CHOICE OK
WINDOW FNDSCSGN NAVIGATOR ACTIVATE 1
CLICK FNDSCSGN NAVIGATOR LIST 1 3
ACTIVATED FNDSCSGN NAVIGATOR LIST 1 3
ACTIVATED FNDSCSGN NAVIGATOR LIST 1 4
WINDOW FNDSCSGN NAVIGATOR DEACTIVATE 1
WINDOW FINPO02A VENDOR ACTIVATE 3
KEY Enter_query

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,
Debbie Shaver
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie,

You do not need to make the appsweb.cfg change for Forms Playback to work. This is only required so that all screen updates are shown during the playback. The playback works fine without this setting and the only difference is that the individual field changes are not displayed during playback. As an aside, extensive regression testing shouldn't be required after making this change because the setup change is only used when you include &config=playback in ICX: Forms Launcher.

It is almost always a setup issue that stops playback from working. The setup required to record a file is straightforward but there are more things to prevent playback from working. To help me identify the cause of this issue can you tell me the follwing:

1) What version of Oracle Applications do you use (11.5.8, 11.5.9, 11.5.10, etc)?
2) What version of Oracle Forms does your system use? (Select Help->About Oracle Applications in 11i to find the version number; it will begin 6.0.8.x).
3) What is the value of the OCX: Forms Launcher profile option value for the playback user?

Thanks,

Jonathan Stuart,
DataLoad Support.
dshaver

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for the quick response!!

We are using Oracle Apps 11.5.9, Oracle Forms 6.0.8.26.0.

The ICX: Forms Launcher value is:

http://<Oracle Apps IP address>/dev60cgi/f60cgi?record=site_log2.fld%20play=site_script.fld

In response to the regression testing requirement: I'm sure you're right in that its not needed, however, its a very big deal to make any change to the .cfg file here. We had to make a change to this file about a year ago during the implementation of a bolt-on app and had to get special dispensation, etc. Its the nature of the beast here....

Thanks,
Debbie
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie,

So far the setup looks correct. Also, the fact that a file is being recorded during the playback indicates that Oracle is picking up the playback file (if Oracle can't open the playback file then it usually doesn't record a file). Therefore I want to check your playback file. The excerpt you put in this topic looks slightly odd in that it starts with a an OK button being clicked - does that tally with what happens when you launch Oracle on your site?

Can you email me two files please to support@dataload.net? I need the following:

1. The FLD file that doesn't playback.
2. The original file recorded by Oracle which you used to create your playback file. If you no longer have a copy of this file please re-record a file, take a copy of the original, create a new playback file, test that, and if the playback still fails (which I assume it will) please email me the Oracle recording and the playback file created from this recording.

Once I have these files I can check whether your playback file is a valid FLD file.

Thanks,

Jonathan
dshaver

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm....I was also doing some PO approvals testing at the time. One of the user IDs I was using had a Notification waiting for them, which would cause me to click Okay. I bet the other user ID I was using didn't have any notifications waiting.

Would this cause the script to not work??

PS - the original and modified scripts are on their way to you as we speak.

Thanks,
Debbie
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie,

Yes, that would cause payback to not work. The payback script contains a set of instructions for Oracle. If the behaviour required in the form is different to the script instructions then the load will stop. For example, if you are prompted that there is a notification waiting and you must press OK to close the message then your playback script must contain the command to press "OK"; conversely, if your script contains a command to press the OK button and no such button is available then the load will stop.

The scripts you sent me look fine but I can see one accepts a notification and the other doesn't. I suggest you try to playback a new recording and ensure that in neither the recording nor the playback are you required to accept any messages about notifications. The load should then work.

Thanks,

Jonathan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: