DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Populating Category Sets in Oracle Purchasing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laskowsj

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Populating Category Sets in Oracle Purchasing Reply with quote

What is the secret to populating the category set members? There are 2 regions on the form - The first includes the one-time entry of NAME, DESCRIPRION, FLEX STRUCTURE, CONTROLLED AT, and DEFAULT CATEGORY. The second contains multiple entries of the CATEGORY.

I've attempted the record several ways but only the first occurrance of the CATEGORY is loaded during playback.

The above original documentation did not provide the correct picture,
We already have some Category Sets established. When I first arrive at the Category Sets form, I do a query to bring back all Categories already connected to the PO_Item_Category set. I then use the plus (+) sign in the Category region to add additional categories to the set. However, during playback, only 1 category is being added out of over 400. Oddly, it is the last entry on the recorded sheet.

Last edited by laskowsj on Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
David

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no real secret. When you first load the "Record" file into DataLoad, it needs to know what data goes in the "Header" and what data goes in the "Repeating" section. The data in the "Header" section is loaded only once. The data in the "Repeating" section is loaded for every row you want to add.

So, when DataLoad first opens a .fld file, it asks you which is the first field in your "Repeating" section. You should ignore NAME, DESCRIPTION, FLEX STRUCTURE, CONTROLLED AT, and DEFAULT CATEGORY from the first region and select the first field from the second region. This tells DataLoad that the items in the first region belong in the "Header" section and the items in the second region belong in the "Repeating" section.

Please refer to http://www.dataload.net/help/recplay/create1.htm for more information.

Can you please let us know if this solves your problem?

David.
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: