DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with DL Pro and Request Group on Oracle Financials

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> General DataLoad Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manuel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Problem with DL Pro and Request Group on Oracle Financials Reply with quote

Hi,

When loading "Request Groups" in the "Responsability" Form (Responsability System Administrator) with Data Load Pro, I can only create a line with fixed number of columns for every "Request Group" created. But I have different numbers of "Requests" in my "Request Groups". Beside, I can't add columns in Data Load Pro Record File.
Can you help me ?
Thanks
Manuel
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I assume that want you need is a load that creates Request Groups and adds Requests to those groups, without any limitation on the number of requests that can be added. If so then there are a number of ways you can go this depending on how much flexibility you require. Here are some of the options available to you:

1. Create one Request Group and add multiple Requests to it. To do this you record a load where you create one Request Group and add two (or more) Requests to that group. When you open this recording in DataLoad you must make sure that you correctly set the Header Value Selection options. The part of the load to create the Request Group will be in the load's header and the main DataLoad grid will be used for all the Requests to be added to that Group. This structure is best where you have a requirement to create one Request Group in each load and assign multiple Requests to that group.

2. Create multiple Request Groups and then add multiple Requests to one Request Group at a time. This requirement is best met using two loads. Create one load that creates Request Groups, i.e. the header information, but does not add any Requests to the groups. You recording should consists of two Groups being created. Create another recording where you query back a Request Group and add two Requests to the group. That will provide you with a load to add requests to one group at a time. In this case your load will add requests to one group and the steps to query back the load will be in the load's header.

3. Create multiple Request Groups and then add multiple Requests to multiple Request Groups. This option is implemented in almost exactly the same way as option 2 but when you create your 2nd load - to add requests to groups - you query back the group every time you add a request to the group. This means you can use one load to add multiple requests to multiple groups. It sounds inefficient because you are querying back the group every time you add a request, so where you want to add 10 requests you will end up querying back the group 10 times. However, because the load runs on the server this inefficiency isn't detectable and you get all the flexibility that you may require.

The approach detailed in options 2 and 3 above are the best ways to tackle any load where you need to load multiple records at header and detail level, e.g. Suppliers and Site, Users and Responsibilities, etc. When creating these loads you should always execute a clear block when you have navigated to the detail block (in this case the Requests section of the form) to clear (but not delete!) any existing data. That means your new record can be added in row 1 of the block and your load will always work regardless of whether data already exists and how much data exists in the block.

I hope that helps but please let us know if you need further help.

Thanks and regards,

Jonathan Stuart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> General DataLoad Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: