DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Automatically stop and log file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sopragroup

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Automatically stop and log file Reply with quote

Hello all,

I'm a beginner in Dataload and I would like to know how stop automatically Dataload when an error occurs ? I'm using the Free Version V4.3.7.0.

And, how create easily a log file ?

Thanks for your help
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You can stop a Macro load by pressing the Esc key at any time during the load. Press the key just once and DataLoad will stop the load when it finishes executing the current cell. Note that this means the load may not stop immediately, for example if DataLoad has just started executing a 2 second sleep (*SL2) the load won't stop until that sleep has finished, but don't press the Esc key multiple times because this could cancel the first Esc and mean the load doesn't stop.

DataLoad can't write a log file of its actions during a Macro load but this functionality doesn't exist because it generally wouldn't add any value. You can get Oracle to write a log using the recording functionality described in the Forms Playback functionality of DataLoad Professional. Note that to get Oracle to record a log doesn't require DataLoad Pro but you use some of the DataLoad Pro setup.

Regards,

Jonathan Stuart.
sopragroup

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

So, Dataload cannot stop by itself in case of error ? I thought it was possible.

Thanks for your answer.
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macro loads won't stop automatically, you need to watch a Macro laod and stop it by pressing the Esc key if an error occurs.

Forms Playback loads will stop automatically on error.

Jonathan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: