DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to do a Mouse Click using *ML

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did this help you to make DataLoad do a Mouse Click?
Yes, I can now make DataLoad do a Mouse Click
100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
No, I still can't make it work
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

David

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: How to do a Mouse Click using *ML Reply with quote

A number of people have difficulty with the *ML command, to do a Left Mouse click. I did, too, to begin with, but this is the technique that I use, and it works for me.

Arrow When you type *ML in a DataLoad cell, you get a pop-up window - read it. Take your hands off the mouse and the keyboard and read it again.

Arrow Then use ALT+TAB to move to the Form you want to click and position the mouse pointer over the appropriate field and let go of the mouse - do NOT click, do NOT press "Enter".

Arrow Use ALT+TAB to get back to DataLoad - KEEP YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM THE MOUSE.

Arrow Now press "Enter" and DataLoad will record the co-ordinates of the mouse. Yes, it is on the wrong window, but it is in the right position on the screen if the correct Form was open (which it will be during playback).

Please vote in the poll, and feel free to leave any notes that you think would help other users.

TIA

David.
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
pstern

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: *ML question Reply with quote

I have no problem establishing the *ML command and it works just fine, as long as I don't move the Oracle form at all.

If I do move the form the coordinates for the location of whatever it is I want clicked are no longer in exactly the same spot and the click misses it's mark.

I can't imagine that this is how the macro is supposed to work, is it?

I find myself having to reset any *ML's each time I want to use a macro.

Am I missing something or does everyone experience the same issue?

Thanks,

Peter
David

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The *ML command performs a left mouse click on the screen at the screen co-ordinates specified. Note that it is the screen co-ordinates that are recorded, not the position relative to the form.

For example, my screen resoloution is 1024 x 768 (Control Panel, Display, Settings, Screen Resolution) and if I type *ML then move the mouse to the top left hand corner of the screen and press enter, DataLoad records this as *ML(0,0) and if I then type *ML and move the mouse to the bottom right hand corner of the screen and press enter, DataLoad records this as *ML(1023,767). This corresponds to my screen resolution.

Now, if you record a Macro which uses *ML and/or *MR commands, then move the form/window that you recorded on, the mouse clicks are sure to be in the wrong place. It's a bit like mounting a rifle on two tripods (front and rear), then adjusting it it hit a target 100m away, then moving the target 50cm to the left. Would you still expect to score bullseyes without resetting the rifle 50cm to the left?

I have found it helpful to maximise the target Window / Oracle Form before I start recording and/or playing back, then I can be certain that the coordinates will not change.

Cool HTH
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: