DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Macro loads stop for no reason after upgrade to 11.5.10.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mhoffman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Macro loads stop for no reason after upgrade to 11.5.10.2 Reply with quote

Since upgrading we have been experiencing many issues with dataload, for both macro and play back.

Recently there has been many attempts to create bills of materials and the loader will run for awhile and then quit for no reason. Close out of both oracle and the loader and the record that it errored out on will load just fine.

This has been a very frustrating problem for the users. One that will force us to look at different tools if a solution is not found soon!
Mark Sad
David

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Macro loads stop for no reason after upgrade to 11.5.10. Reply with quote

Mhoffman wrote:
Since upgrading we have been experiencing many issues with dataload, for both macro and play back.

Mark,

Arrow Professional:
1.) I presume that you have read and actioned all of the items in the User Guide that are relevant to 11.5.10.2 - http://www.dataload.net/help/recplay/setup.htm#11510.
2.) Have your tried re-recording at 11.5.10.2? It may be that the form layout or the form behaviour has changed since your earlier version.

Arrow Classic:
I presume that you have tried doing your playback two or three cells at a time to try to identify where the problem occurs. It may be that new validation slows the from down just long enough to cause the data to be pasted into the wrong place on the form. Or maybe an index has been dropped and that is causing the form to respond more slowly than before. Or maybe a new field (or FlexField) has been added to the form.

The problem may lie with Oracle, and not with DataLoad. One of my colleagues recently tried to use Professional to load a Daily Calendar. Three new 1-day periods were added to the calendar. When we tried to play back, the same record was written to the second row of the screen every time, overwriting the previous record. We recorded another three dates and looked at the raw file created by the server (the one specified in the "record=" parameter) before DataLoad got hold of it and and we discovered that the calendar form had recorded each record as record number 2. What hope did DataLoad have?

Anyway, there are a couple of ideas. If they don't get you anywhere, send the raw (unedited) file from your recording and the edited file created by DataLoad to DataLoad Support along with all of the details that they ask for in http://www.dataload.net/help/support/gettingsupport.htm

Cool HTH

David
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

I also wonder if this could be an Oracle issue because you say "Close out of both oracle...". DataLoad won't shutdown Oracle unless you have configured your load to close Oracle. If Oracle is closing unexpectedly during a load then this is almost certainly the Oracle session crashing. I can't think of any case where an issue in DataLoad would cause Oracle to shutdown, so if I have understood your description correctly then you need to be looking at Oracle.

Regards,

Jonathan Stuart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: