DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

trouble with V5.4 with command *A and Oracle 11.5.10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psprunken

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: trouble with V5.4 with command *A and Oracle 11.5.10 Reply with quote

I was an occasional but happy user of the 5.0 version in combination with Oracle 11.5.9
but since we migrated to 11.5.10 (and I upgraded to DL version 5.4) I am having troubles.
E.g. uploading new items in the item master I used to be able to enter Categories through *AT ENT but there does not seem to be any response to the *A such as the *AT or *AO and at another point in the upload, the ENT closes a DFF form but then seems to add a back-tab
And now I am wondering: is this a 'feature' of the new DL 5.4 version or of the interaction with 11.5.10 (or both?) Anyone any clue or experience with this and preferrably some suggestions?
(I did also try with \%A but the behavious remains different and not usable, either way, even tried to us ML to click the Menu-Tools command but no response)

but perhaps this is a somewhat similar problem as the \{ENTER} issue that was posted just below
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I don't know what would be causing this issue - it isn't a known problem - so please enable the DataLoad option "Legacy DataLoad keystroke mode" and re-test your load. To enable this open please open the Options window (Tools->Options), select the Macro Loads tab and ensure the checkbox is ticked. We changed how DataLoad sends keystrokes and that checkbox forces DataLoad to use the old method so it will be interesting to see if that makes a difference.

Also, what version of Windows do you use on your PC (XP, Vista, 7, etc) and do you access Oracle via Citrix or Terminal Server?

Thanks,

Jonathan Stuart
psprunken

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joantahn, saviour the Legacy Mode did the trick; it runs as before which is wonderful; thanks for pointing this out
I checked again if I missed anything but there is no detail about the new functions/changes since thelast release so I would never have found this
so, thanks again for your help!

Paul
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

That is good news but we will still investigate why legacy mode is required. If you need to run in legacy mode with all your loads then press the Make Default button in the Options window and that will make your current setup the default for all new loads.

Thanks,

Jonathan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: