DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enter Key is not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AUB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Enter Key is not working Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm new to Dataload, using classic version for testing data upload to a browser based application we use at the Bank.

I'm using simple functions like TAB, ENTER, F3 and F4.

in this application we use ENTER key in the numeric keypad to start a new record. using the other ENTER button gives a new line.

when using \{ENTER} code in data load it function the other ENTER key in the keyboard not the ENTER button at numeric keypad.

is there another code rather than \{ENTER} allow me to use specifically the ENTER key in the numeric keypad? or you may suggest me any solution.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance

AUB
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

This is the first time anyone has asked to be able to specifically use the Enter key on the numeric keypad so at present it is not available in DataLoad. However, we can see that this will sometimes be a requirement. Furthermore, there are other keys on the numeric keypad that users may want to use in preference to other keys. We have therefore made a change to DataLoad so you can specify to use the numeric keypad. You do that using the "NUMPAD" command.

At present you would use the following syntax to send Enter and this will use the "normal" Return key:

\{ENTER}

You can now use the NUMPAD prefix to specify to use the Enter key on the numeric keypad, for example:

\{NUMPAD ENTER}

In the same way you can specify to use other keys on the numeric keypad, for example:

\{NUMPAD 1+1=2}

This functionality will be included in V5.3.1.0 of DataLoad. A pre-release build of V5.3.1.0 is available on our web site if you want to test this. You can download it via the following link:

http://www.dataload.com/dlsetupv5310.exe

If you do test this then please let us know how you get on with the new functionality.

Thanks and regards,

Jonathan Stuart
AUB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you very much for your quick response. I didn't try your solution yet, I will very soon.

I'm sending you to highlight another future request, smtimes it's required to define right or left Ctrl, right or left Alt.

Thank you once again

Regards,

AUB
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AUB,

You can already specify to use the left or right Alt key - use % for the left Alt and & for right Alt.

DataLoad doesn't allow you to specify the left or right Ctrl key but that is easily changed so we have update the next release to support this. Now the ^ character presses the left Ctrl (which is the same as before) and * presses the right Ctrl key. We have added that to V5.3.1.0 and you can download it using the link in my last post.

We have (of course) tested the left/right Ctrl change but would appreciate your feedback on whether this also works correctly for you.

Thanks,

Jonathan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: