DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using php scripts to get values of oracle forms/keys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orjanv

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: Using php scripts to get values of oracle forms/keys Reply with quote

i have been using php against mysql and writing a query to get values from tables and rows using php is not very hard. How can this be accomplished using php and dataload against oracle 11i? Is it possible?

Do I need dataload premium to enable if already possible? I'm using the latest free version.
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes, DataLoad uses PHP for its built-in scripting language and this can be used to work with Oracle databases. All PHP functionality is available so, for example, data can be selected from or loaded in to Oracle databases. There is an example script included with DataLoad that loads Users in to Oracle 11i & R12 via Oracle's standard users API. This uses standard PHP plus the OCI8 library, which is the standard PHP library for working with Oracle databases. It is worth looking at that script and reading the Scripting section of the User Guide to see how PHP + DataLoad + Oracle works.

As you say, working with PHP is fairly straightforward (which is why it was chosen for DataLoad's scripting) and working with Oracle is pretty much as easy as working with mysql and using PHP within DataLoad is very similar to using in standalone applications. This functionality is only available in DataLoad Professional and not the free version (Classic). If you want a trial version then please drop us an email at sales@dataload.com.

Thanks,

Jonathan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: