DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issues with Citrix Gateway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> General DataLoad Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louise

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Issues with Citrix Gateway Reply with quote

Hi

Hope someone can help here!

I have team connecting to Oracle through Citrix gateway – which is a website they log which bring up various applicaitons including Oracle. However when accessing Oracle this way we are having issues using Dataload. We’ve now tried two different options:
1. Installed Dataload on the Citrix sever access through this site, result: When we click run to load and select the load type (11i), when trying to select a windows to load into there are no windows and the only option is Run Load
have tried this with version 4.3.9 & the newest version 5 – both with the legacy load button ticked and not ticked, neither option is bringing any window loading options.

2. Installed Dataload on the machine it’s self (again tried this with both version 4 & 5) and windows appear and the load can run, however none of the alt keys work (*AI *AA) etc.
Confused
Anyone have any ideas how we can get Dataload to work? We’re using templates which we paste the relevant data in and loading into Oracle HR screens.
The templates have been in use for about 3 years now with no problems until we try to use Citrix and this is the only option the tmea have for access Oracle.

Many thanks
Louise
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise,

DataLoad will work with Oracle sessions hosted within Citrix, however you either need DataLoad to be running within the same Citrix session as Oracle or DataLoad should be local on your PC and sending data to the Citrix window that contains Oracle. Where DataLoad is also running within Citrix it must be within the same window/session as Oracle, i.e. it will not work if Citrix is used where each Citrix-hosted window is in a separate window on your PC because there is no way for an application in one of these windows to communicate with another window. Hence DataLoad and Oracle must be within the same Citrix session.

The second option you described seems to be the same as my second option above. This should work fine although we have in the past found that Citrix does not correctly handle all keystrokes sent to it, i.e. it does not behave in the normal Windows manner. If you are finding that the Alt key is not working then please open the Options window and ensure the "Legacy DataLoad keystroke mode" checkbox is ticked on the Macro Loads tab. That should make the load work with Citrix.

Thanks,

Jonathan
ktrippy

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I too have run into Louise's same issue with trying to select a window to load. DataLoad Professional is installed on Citrix. DataLoad and Oracle are opened in the same Citrix session. I select the load type, 11i. When trying to select a window to load there are no windows avaliable for selection, the option is to 'Run Load.'

What are some suggestions we might try to get this application to work with Oracle within the Citrix session?

Thank you,
Kathy
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy,

If DataLoad and Oracle are running within the same Citrix session then Oracle should appear on DataLoad's window list. Can you let me know what window names are listed in DataLoad? Also, are you able to install DataLoad on your PC and send the data to the Citrix window (where Oracle is running) because that would get around this problem?

Thanks,

Jonathan Stuart
ktrippy

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jonathan,

There are no windows names that populate in DataLoad.
I have the classic version installed on my PC. The project I am working for the company requires the DataLoad Professional version be loaded on the Citrix platform, company standards.

Kathy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> General DataLoad Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: