DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dataload skips commands then inactivating my Oracle session

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhthomas

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Dataload skips commands then inactivating my Oracle session Reply with quote

My computer is running Windows XP and everytime I run a macro load, dataload skips some commands and then inactivates my oracle session. This is not the case using Windows 2000. I have tried adding delays to try and diagnose when and where the problem occurs, but it is different each time. I am not running complicated dataload scripts. Simple tabs and inserts. I am using Dataload 5.2. I have a larger monitor than I did with windows 2000 and I have even tried creating a new dataload from scratch, but no success. I have tried running the progress bar, but the problem still exists.
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

When you say the Oracle session is being inactivated do you mean that the Oracle window is no longer the active/topmost window and thus it does not receive data from DataLoad? If that is the case then please try turning off the Progress Bar using the "Show progress bar" checkbox on the Macro Loads tab of the Options window (Tools->Options) and then running the load again. It is worth trying that in case the DataLoad Progress window is becoming active and "receiving" the data.

Thanks,

Jonathan Stuart
jhthomas

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I mean that I cannot even X out of the Oracle window. I have to close my internet explorer then re-log onto Oracle. I have tried using the progress bar, but the same thing still happens.
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I now have quite a few questions. Sorry for all of these but we need this info to help us identify the cause of the problem.

1. What version of Oracle E-Business Suite do you use (11.5.10, 12.0, 12.1, etc)? If you don't know this then select "About Oracle Applications..." from the Help menu and scroll down to the "Oracle Applications" line in the "Database Server" section.
    2. What version of Internet Explorer are you using?
    3. Have you used another version of DataLoad successfully on Windows XP and if so what version?
    4. What version of JInitiator or JRE are you using on your PC? To find this please look for an application in the Windows System Tray (alongside the task bar) that has the Java steaming coffee cup icon. Right click with the mouse on that icon and select "About Java Technology". A window will display showing the full version, e.g. "Version 6 update 7".
    5. Please email me the ".dld" DataLoad file you are using where this problem occurs. Send this to support@dataload.com.
    6. Does Oracle always freeze at the same point in the load and if so can you let me know what that is?
    7. When the Oracle window freezes does the Java icon stay visible in the Windows System Tray? If so then please right click on that icon, select "Open console" and email me the contents of the console window.
    8. Please open your load in DataLoad, then open the Options window (Tools -> Options), select the Macro Loads tab and ensure the "Legacy DataLoad keystroke mode" checkbox is ticked. Click the OK button and then run your load. Does this make any difference?

Thanks,

Jonathan
jhthomas

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. 11.5.10
2. 6.0
3. 5.0
4. Verision 6 update 17
5. I will send the file to the email requested
6. No it does not freeze at the same time
7. I will email the contents of the java console
8. I have tried the Legacy dataload keystroke mode and I still get the same problem.
jhthomas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently downloaded 5.2.1 and while I don't have the problem of my Oracle session becoming inactive all of the time, it does happen. It has happened to me three times today while running a load of 150 items. My keypress delays are set to 50 and I have the legacy keystroke box checked off. In the java console message, I am getting an illegal exception saying "unable to open clipboard". Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: