DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

error messages on fresh v5.1.0.0 install

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> General DataLoad Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GaborB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: error messages on fresh v5.1.0.0 install Reply with quote

Hello,

I have just installed V5.1.0.0 and cannot get it working as I'm randomly getting error messages or the application just crashes.

One message is rad Studio v7.0, while the other says "External exception 80000003" and the third is "Privilieged Instruction".

The computer I'm using is a dell d630, with recent WinXp install.

Any help/advise would be appreciated.
Thanks, Gabor
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabor,

A small number of users have reported similar issues with the latest version (V5.1) and we are currently investigating this. The next version of DataLoad is currently being tested and we are very keen for users who have experienced issues with V5.1 to try using V5.2. You can download the latest beta of the new version with the following link:

http://www.dataload.com/dlsetupv5200.exe

If possible, please download and install this version and let us know if these issues still occur with V5.2.

Thanks and regards,

Jonathan Stuart,
DataLoad Support
GaborB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DataLoad wrote:

If possible, please download and install this version and let us know if these issues still occur with V5.2.

Thanks for the quick response Jonathan.

I'm still having the same issue:

DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabor,

Thanks for testing that so quickly. This is disappointing that the issue still occurs in V5.2 but we will continue working on a fix. We have an idea as to where the problem might be so we will update V5.2 to remove that part of the code and it would be great if you could then test this for us. Unfortunately we can't reproduce this issue on any of our machines so are relying on users to test potential fixes for this problem. I hope to get back to you shortly.

Thanks,

Jonathan
GaborB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DataLoad wrote:
Gabor,

Thanks for testing that so quickly. This is disappointing that the issue still occurs in V5.2 but we will continue working on a fix. We have an idea as to where the problem might be so we will update V5.2 to remove that part of the code and it would be great if you could then test this for us. Unfortunately we can't reproduce this issue on any of our machines so are relying on users to test potential fixes for this problem. I hope to get back to you shortly.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Sure, that's fine!

Actually, despite the error is popping up, by clicking on the "No" button I'm able to open Dataload, pasting my data and almost start the load. The issue is that I'm getting the same message when I try to proceed with the load, so my cursor has to move out from the Oracle form, as I again need to click on "No" for the error.

I'm waiting for the new version when you have it.

Thanks,
Gabor
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabor,

There is now a new build of V5.2 on the web site. Please download this with the following link:

We have deactivated the area that we think might be causing this problem. If the problem still occurs then we have also turned on extra logging that should help us identify the issue.

Can you download, install and test this new build please? Thanks again for your help.

Jonathan
GaborB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DataLoad wrote:
Gabor,

There is now a new build of V5.2 on the web site. Please download this with the following link:

We have deactivated the area that we think might be causing this problem. If the problem still occurs then we have also turned on extra logging that should help us identify the issue.

Can you download, install and test this new build please? Thanks again for your help.

Jonathan

Amazing response time you guys have. Smile

Gave it a quick try - however i'm not on the company network this time, but using VPN connection - but this version now worked perfectly. I was able to go ahead with the load I wanted.

I'm gonna check it tomorrow as well, once I get to work, but I expect the same. It should work I believe, I post you back in case any issue.

Thanks again! Great help...

Gabor
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabor,

Thanks for that. We have had another user report that the new version still didn't fix this issue and given that this is a random issue you might find the problem returns. Please let me know what you find. If the problem returns then we have another new build that includes further changes designed to fix this problem. You can download that via the following link:

If the problem occurs again then please download and test that new version and let me know what happens.

Thanks,

Jonathan
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gabor,

Did you get another chance to test this on the company network?

Thanks,

Jonathan
GaborB

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DataLoad wrote:
Hi Gabor,

Did you get another chance to test this on the company network?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry, I was not in yesterday.

I gave it a try this morning, and apart from getting one error message and dataload crash while trying to open a previously saved .dld file (which error never occured again), I had no issue with that version you previously provided me. It seemed to be stable enough while I was loading a few records.

I haven't tried the latest version as I'm now happy with the one I have installed.

Thanks,
Gabor
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabor,

Thanks for the update and that is great news. These fixes will be included in the next release of DataLoad. Please contact us again if you need more help.

Thanks,

Jonathan
GaborB

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DataLoad wrote:
Gabor,

Thanks for the update and that is great news. These fixes will be included in the next release of DataLoad. Please contact us again if you need more help.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

I was probably a bit overoptimistic, but got the same error message again on 5.2prebeta1. I'll try to install the latest one you provided, but indeed - as you said - it seems to be a random one.

Gabor
GaborB

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DataLoad wrote:
Gabor,

Thanks for that. We have had another user report that the new version still didn't fix this issue and given that this is a random issue you might find the problem returns. Please let me know what you find. If the problem returns then we have another new build that includes further changes designed to fix this problem. You can download that via the following link:

If the problem occurs again then please download and test that new version and let me know what happens.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Well, this one is even worst than the prior. By TABing between cells it randomly jumps sometime to the next field, sometime further.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> General DataLoad Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: