DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Load into Bank --> Bank Account in AP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmoogrmef

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Problem with Load into Bank --> Bank Account in AP Reply with quote

I've written a Macro Load to populate the Bank --> Bank Account forms in AP. Population of the Bank form works flawlessly. However, upon issuing the *AB command to spawn the Bank Account form, I'm running into a problem.

The problem I'm encountering is that after the Bank Account form opens, the cursor doesn't "begin" in the same field every time. Sometimes it begins in the "Agency Location Code" field (in the upper right hand portion of the form), and sometimes it begins in the "Last" field (in the 'Account Contact' region, in the lower left portion of the form).

I've attempted to use keystrokes through this portion of my Load, as well as inserting SL's of varying lengths throught this portion of the Load - and can never get a consistent "beginning" location for my cursor in the Bank Account window.

Can anyone tell me if there is a command that will force the cursor to the first field of a form spawned during a Load? (which of course would solve my problem, as then I could navigate the form from a consistent location...) Any other ideas/input would be appreciated.

Thank you, rpm

[/img]
David

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three things to try:

Arrow Put an *SL2 just after the *AB to give it time to think about it, or (even better) use the "Set Delays" button on the taskbar to set a delay after the *AB - try 0.5 to begin with, perhaps?

Arrow Put a \{F7} just after the *AB - this will clear the Block and should position the cursor on the first field. Again, you might need an *SL or *SL2 after the \{F7} to force a delay.

Arrow If neither of the above achieve what you want, use the *ML command to click on the first field. Be careful when you do this!?!?! When you type in the *ML, you get a pop-up window - read it. Take your hands off the mouse and the keyboard and read it again. Then use ALT+TAB to move to the Bank Account Form and position the mouse pointer over the first field and let go of the mouse- do NOT click, do NOT press "Enter". Use ALT+TAB to get back to DataLoad - KEEP YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM THE MOUSE. Now press "Enter" and DataLoad will record the co-ordinates of the mouse. Yes, it is on the wrong window, but it is in the right position on the screen if the Bank Accounts window was open (which it will be during playback).

Sorry if you already know how to use *ML, but not everybody does.

Let us all know how you get on with this, please?

David
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
rmoogrmef

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the suggestions. As it turned out, I had come up with a solution that worked a couple days ago. The applicable flow of commands that worked was:

*AB *sl(1) *ER *sl(1)

This consistently placed the cursor on the first field and overall worked beautifully.

Thanks again for the feedback.

RPM
David

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmoogrmef wrote:
..... The applicable flow of commands that worked was:

*AB *sl(1) *ER *sl(1)

I'm glad you found something that worked for you.

I am a just a tiny little bit concerned about the *ER (Erase Record); not because it won't work (it obviously does), but because it might imply that you wanted to delete the record or replace it. My own thoughts (for what they are worth) is that a good DataLoad should be like a good computer program, which is easy to understand and update. If you had to hand the above to somebody else to maintain and build on, they might not understand what it was you were trying to do. I would write the code as

*AB *SL1 \{F7} *SL1

But if your code works for you, that is what you want and "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is a good motto, which applies to DataLoad as much as it applies to anything else.

All the best.

David

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
rmoogrmef

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear exactly what you are saying. I'm all about user-friendliness, so your suggestions are well said.

Can you tell me what the \{F7} command is exactly in 11i? I don't see it in the command set listing...
David

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink Ah, ha!

You won't necessarily find it in DataLoad, but if you are logged into Oracle Applications and do Help, Keyboard Help, you will get a list of all of the keyboard shortcuts. These are absolutely essential if you want to do anything beyond the basics in DataLoad. The second one on the list is the function "Clear Block" which is the F7 key.

Now to the DataLoad manuals. If you go to http://www.dataload.net/help/macro/keystrokes.htm you will find the instructions for sending keystrokes from DataLoad to the server.

Once you have read this section, you will undestand why \{F7} will clear the block where the cursor is positioned.

Cool HTH

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: