DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Record at Production Environment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lckali

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Record at Production Environment Reply with quote

Hi,

Can anyone share experience on creating record file?

My company using DataLoad for Oracle Financials.
As my company's Testing environment and Production environment may not be the same all the time, the record file created at Testing environment will not suitable for Production environment.

If create record at Production environment, some dummy records will be created and cannot be deleted (for some functions).

Does anyone facing the same problem?
David

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Yes, I have frequently required to have load files for different environments where the data is slightly different for each environment.

The "secret" is to prepare your data in Excel, then when you are ready, you can import the data directly from Excel into DataLoad using the button labelled "Import data from Excel". On the first two or three rows of my spreadsheet I will have various bits of control information, such as which environment (PROD, TEST, DEV) I want to populate. Below that, I have the actual data to be loaded. In some of these cells, I will use a formula such as

Code:
=IF(ENV="PROD","Production data",IF(ENV="TEST","Test Data","Development Data"))

In other cases, I will have another sheet with a grid where the columns are the environments and the rows the different types of data and I will use the VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP or MATCH functions to pull the correct data for the environment I am loading today.

Cool I hope that this has given you some ideas that will be appropriate to your own environment.
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: