DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ORA-06502 error when loading Oracle Projects

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ktodd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: ORA-06502 error when loading Oracle Projects Reply with quote

Hello,

Has anyone encountered a problem such as this? We have a large volume of projects to enter; I can load up to 24 of them fine; after the 24th record the application (Oracle 11i10) throws the following error:

API: PA_PROJ_TASK_STRUC_PUB.COPY_STRUCTURE SQL ERROR MESSAGE: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: NUMERIC OR VALUE ERROR

Anyone familiar with this? Maybe a buffer needs to be increased?
ktodd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it is worth, I am able to load a 100 or more users at a time without any problems; so the issue appears to be related specifically to loading projects.

If anyone could shed any light on this, I would appreciate it.
David

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

If you were using a Macro Load, I would suggest doing a SAVE or *SP (Save and Proceed) after every 20 records. However, in Forms Playback, you can't do something different for every 20th record; you have to do the same for each record, so I suggest that you do a SAVE or *SP after EACH line in your RECORD file.

Please let us know if this resolves the problem.

Thanks.
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
ktodd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,

Thanks for the reply (and sorry that I am just now getting back to this); I believe that each record was being saved (not just after 20 records).

HOwever, I think the issue may be with the form itself. We someone create a script to use with QuickTest Professional (QTP) and it also produced the exact same error message.

For now, I have just left this loader recording as is and I can just load 24 projects at a time; as I had to move on to other areas that needed data loaded. However, using similar techniques, I haven't experienced similar issues with other Oracle forms. In fact, I can load over 400 tasks to projects with no issues whatsoever.

On a somewhat related note: does anyone know what it takes to get a response of any kind from the DataLoad support group? I sent them an email (as directed on this site), and I have never received a response of any kind. I've actually sent more than one email to them and no response whatsoever.
David

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I suggest that you log on to MetaLink and look at
Note:455322.1 "Create Project Errors with ORA-6502 PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small".

This may help you to resolve your problem.

Cool HTH
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
ktodd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,

Thanks for the suggestion on checking the profile option; I actually ran across that metalink note when I was researching the issue a week or two ago; that particular profile was already set to 'N', which is one of the acceptable values, so it doesn't look like that is the issue.

Thanks for the suggestion.

A lot of the info that I ran across as possible issues had to do with buffer's and the buffer possibly being full; I'm not the dba so that is hard for me to check/monitor, but per our dba things look fine as far as the buffer's go.

Kevin
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately this is an underlying Oracle bug that may occur regardless of whether data is entered manually or through DataLoad. If you can fix the problem so that it no longer occurs when manually entering data then it should also be fixed for DataLoad loads. Metalink contains a number of hits for this issue and Oracle Support should be able to help resolve this.

Thanks,

DataLoad Support
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: