DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Japanese Language Version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> General DataLoad Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andygroves

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Japanese Language Version Reply with quote

I was wondering what the approach with data load is for MLS. Do I just load dataload English version on my Japanese PC and it will all be sweet or is there a Japanese version out there?

Thanks
Andy
nchheda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking for answers to the same query - please let me know incase you find any answers..

I will let you know incase I get some answers..

Regards
Nimesh Chheda
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, Nimesh,

There is just one version of DataLoad but that can load any language into Oracle. There are three key things to ensure you get right:

1) If your database character set is UTF8 then you must select the UTF8 file format in the DataLoad Options form. (You can find your database character set by selecting Help->About Oracle Applications in 11i and looking at the NLS_LANG value). This is only required with forms playback loads and not macro loads.

2) The regional settings on your PC must be set for the language you wish to use. For example, if you wish to load Japanese data then in your regional settings you must select Japanese for non-Unicode programs.

3) The font used by DataLoad must support the characters of the language you are using. You can change the font through the DataLoad Options form.

If you are using forms playback on a UTF8 database and do not set UTF8 mode, as in point 1, then your load will fail or the data will not appear corectly in Oracle.

If the regional settings and font are not correct then the data will not display correctly in DataLoad, typically the data will appear as "?????".

Regards,

Jonathan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> General DataLoad Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: