DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Forms Playback capable of handling pop up forms

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfriel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Is Forms Playback capable of handling pop up forms Reply with quote

Hello,

I've had great success using dataload professional to load data into a variety of oracle forms. I've had trouble, however, whenever trying to perform an operation when a pop-up form is encountered. For some of these pop-ups, i was able to find a profile option to suppress the pop-up, but in the event when a profile option is not available, I have not been able to utilise (I figured this post might get more attention if I used 's' in utilise instead of 'z' .... hahaha) the forms playback functionality.

If anyone is aware of a workaround for this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave from the UK (University of Kentucky)
Mark_Murray

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

This answer is not really for you as the question was posted more than 5 years ago but more for people trying to use forms playback in the future.

NO - forms playback can only be used to handle "fixed" navigation so the task needs to be repeatable/exactly the same navigation for every record in the load file. Any popup dialogue normally will cause the load to crash although in some circumstances it can keep going and just not insert any data.

Your idea of changing the profile option is exactly the same solution we used as well but I should say that most of the popups we got we would probably want to cancel the processing of the current record for so it's not a one size fits all solution unfortunately.

The only workable alternative it to use an Oracle screen reader and screen scraping mode to insert the data and validate what prompt Oracle gives you back. We ended up writing some custom software to do this and have been using it for many years to load Sales Order, Purchase Orders, item attributes etc in an unattended mode. If we get a popup we take a screenshot and display this to the user on a Web site so they can see what dialogue was displayed for a specific record and automatically restart the load on the next record in the file.

Regards,

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: