DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

.dld file corruption

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marco-80

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: .dld file corruption Reply with quote

Good morning,

we are testing DataLoad Classic 5.4.1.0 to automate repetitive accounting records in Oracle Finance 11.5 and we have encountered several cases of dld file corruption: the error that appears when opening the file is "Failed to open the file or an error occurred during file processing."

Thinking about what actions we made in the file before the problem hit, we remembered the change of columns titles.

We compared a good file with a corrupted one with a text editor and we find that in the corrupted dld file the list of columns titles in the “beginheader – endheader” section was interrupted by a carriage return character: we deleted it and the file was working again.

Probably, as we were typing the titles of the columns in the Column Setup window, we pressed Enter instead of clicking on the button "Save & Close".

We hope this feedback will be useful, thanks and best regards.
Askew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also searching on this and I don't know about the solution of this. Most hopefully within the one or two days I'll find the solution and then I'll share with you.
jacoblovegrove

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The resolution I found for this is to open the .dld file in Notepad and copy the data from the old file into a new one. It is formatted like a tab separated values excel / other spreadsheet file. This does not save column names.

http://i.imgur.com/zKiSVEL.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: