DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Autolaunching DataLoad every day to update Suppliers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmt2010

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Autolaunching DataLoad every day to update Suppliers Reply with quote

I'm trying to accomplish the following with DataLoad (DL). I want to schedule a daily DataLoad macro to update Payables Manager-Suppliers. We would have a dedicated PC running IE 8.0 and DL Classic (I have a copy of DL Professional on my PC). We are using Oracle eBusiness 11.1 and Oracle 11gR2.

I have been having the most success using a macro load (in the foreground), where I have a .dld file replicate keystrokes to update Suppliers, but we want the process to be run 'stand-alone' at night. I want to pass a csv file to DL and have DL kick off the macro automatically. The file would obviously have to contain keystroke combinations like {ENTER} and {TAB2}.

Is this possible? Many thanks in advance for trying to help me
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can do this and you have a couple of options. First, a partial solution would be to use the -AUTO parameter. When used, that automatically starts a Macro load but it will only run the load contained in an existing .dld file but won't import new data in to that file. The -AUTO file is documented on the following web page:

http://www.dataload.com/help/macro/autostart.htm

To have a load where DataLoad will automatically import data in to the load before the load starts you will need to use DataLoad Scripting. That will do what you want and can also be used to start the load once the data has been imported in to the load.

Please let us know if you need any further help with this.

Thanks,

Jonathan Stuart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: