DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to get pass 'Category' field in Non Cat Request Templ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaustin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Unable to get pass 'Category' field in Non Cat Request Templ Reply with quote

I am trying to use Dataload Classic (version 4.3.6.0) to populate the non-catalog request template form under the Internet Procurement Catalog Administration responsibility within Oracle 11i.

I am using the 'TAB' command after entering the Category code of say '1234' but this does not seem to move the cursor. Is there another command which could be used or is this an issue with the Classic version.

Question Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Ann
David

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann,

I am not familiar with the form in question, but I think that you might want to take another look at the "Sending Data" section http://www.dataload.net/help/macro/sendingdata.htm and the "Sending Keystrokes" section http://www.dataload.net/help/macro/keystrokes.htm of the User Guide.

If the Category Code is in a LOV, for example, it may be that you have to use a "keystroke" to send the value. So, instead of having '1234' in the cell, try '\1234' and remember that after sending keystrokes, you have to do a 'TAB'. Sending data is faster than sending keystrokes, so send data whenever you can, and send keystrokes when data does not work.

Let us all know how you get on, and if you are still having problems, I'll try to get you over them as best I can.

Cool HTH

David
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
ked999

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: iproc Reply with quote

Web forms are a lot trickier. But if you can tab using the keyboard then a dataload tab should work also. To check if dataload is successfully sending a tab trying the same exercise on the requisition form (or PO form for that matter).
aaustin

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David

Thanks for you help on this. Very Happy I have used the keystroke element on the category field and this is accepted. However, now when the template has been saved, there is a 'OK' button that is required to be clicked on using the mouse. I have been through the Dataload help and cannot find an alternative solution to using the *ML command which does not appear to work within the Web Form.

Ann
David

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann,

Glad I could help.

Your O.K. Button, can you do it manually with ALT+O? If so, then you need the DataLoad command *AO. Please refer to http://www.dataload.net/help/macro/commands.htm, especially Note 2.

As for the *ML command, please read the topic "Problem with Load into Bank --> Bank Account in AP", where I explained how to build a *ML command that works.

Cool Again, HTH

David
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: