DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starting dataload from command line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> General DataLoad Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Anyone tried to execute dataload as part of test automation ?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

twjnorth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Starting dataload from command line Reply with quote

I'm using dataload professional with Macro loads and would like to be able to launch it from a test suite (Xstudio).

I can run Dataload.exe at the command line and provide it a parameter of a .dld file which results in opening the .dld but the execution does not start.

Is there a parameter or config option that will let the run start as soon as it is loaded (maybe via scripting) ?

The reasoning behind this is to be able to setup tests in Xstudio and have a custom launcher run the Dataload followed by another test wihch would use the existing SQL_SELECT or SQL_COMPARE launcher to confirm the expected result. Without dataload starting automatically, this cannot work.

Many Thanks
twjnorth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Scripting functions dont seem to help Reply with quote

I reviewed the php scripting functions and can see that code can be put in the OnLoad method but cant see any function call that would start the load running.

Hopefully i'm just missing this as seems like it should be simple - just has to execute the same logic as is behind the StartLoad menu option.

Thanks
Trevor
twjnorth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: AUTO option Reply with quote

Found it -

dataload.exe -AUTO macroscript.dld

Regards
Trevor
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevor,

Yes, the -AUTO parameter is the right way to do this. You could use Scripting but if you just need a load to start when DataLoad starts then -AUTO is designed for just that purpose.

Thanks,

Jonathan Stuart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> General DataLoad Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: