DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R12 crashes when loading data using macro loads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> General DataLoad Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rajendra1514

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: R12 crashes when loading data using macro loads Reply with quote

Hi,

when ever I am trying to load data into R12 forms in windows vista using macro loads, it crashes, but it is working fine in XP.

Can you please help me out.

Thanks and Regards,
Rajendra
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rajendra,

I have a few suggestions & questions for you. Can you let me have the answers to these and then we should be able to fix this:

1. What version of DataLoad are you using?

2. Are you loading in to core/professional (Oracle Forms Java client) forms or to Self Service (HTML) forms?

3. When does the crash occur? Is it always on the same record or is it apparently random?

4. Please open the Delays window (Tools -> Delays) and increase the "Cell is processed" delay on the Standard tab and the "Key press" delay on the Advanced tab. I suggest you double them and ensure they are set to at least 0.4 and 100 respectively. Now try your load again. What happens?

5. Reset your Delays back to their original values. Change your load so that it loads data using keystrokes rather than using copy & paste. You do this by inserting a '\' at the start of each data cell. Cells can be quickly changed to/from keystroke mode by selecting them and using the options under the "Edit->Convert to..." menu. Change all data cells to be loaded using keystrokes and try your load again. What happens?

Thanks,

Jonathan Stuart
rajendra1514

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonathan Stuart,

Thank you very much for your help.

1. What version of DataLoad are you using?

2. Are you loading in to core/professional (Oracle Forms Java client) forms or to Self Service (HTML) forms?

c ore/professional (Oracle Forms Java client) forms

3. When does the crash occur? Is it always on the same record or is it apparently random?

when processing first record or next

Thanks and Regards,
Rajendra
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rajendra,

Thank you for that reply. Can you also make the changes I suggested in points 4 and 5 and let me know the outcome?

Finally, please turn on the Java Console and let me know if there are any errors in the console when Oracle crashes. To enable the Java Console please open the Java Control Panel, which you can do from the Java icon in the Windows Control Panel (Start -> Control Panel). On the Advanced tab make sure that "Show console" is selected on the Java Console section.

Thanks,

Jonathan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> General DataLoad Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: