DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playback not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kprough

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Playback not working Reply with quote

I've gone through all the setup documentation many times, and can record, but playback does not work. I'm asked to log in twice, then the system just sits at the Navigator. Any suggestions? :?
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The playback is far more affected by setup issues than the recording process and almost all playback issues are caused by a setup issue. The problem you describe particularly sounds like a setup issue because you are having to login twice.

Please post the details of your configuration so we can review these. In particular, we need to see the ICX:Forms Launcher values for your record and playback users, or if you are launching Oracle Forms directly we need to see the URLs being used to launch record and playback.

The most important points to check are:

1. Ensure your setup follows the instructions on the following web page:

http://www.dataload.net/help/recplay/setup.htm

Note that these instructions are often been updated and you should use the version on the web site rather than that supplied with DataLoad.

2. Our current most common support issue is people not following the setup specific to 11.5.10. If you use that version of Oracle make sure you only follow the 11.5.10 setup instructions.

3. Oracle 11.5.8 and higher requires you to edit the appsweb_[context name].cfg file on the application server. Ensure this has been done correctly.

4. In your playback setup the log file you record to must have a different name to the playback file, otherwise your log overwrites the playback file!

Thanks,

Jonathan Stuart,
DataLoad Support.
kprough

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Playback setup info Reply with quote

I'm using responsibilities instead of users to do my record and playback. Do you think this is a problem? I'm completely logging out each time. I am not launching Forms directly. We are on version 11.5.9 of the Apps.

Here is my RECORD responsibility ICX: Forms Launcher profile:

http://dallasap01.advisors.hal:8002/dev60cgi/f60cgi?record=/u06/oracle/testcomn/temp/recordK.fld

Here is my PLAY responsibility ICX: Forms Launcher profile:

http://dallasap01.advisors.hal:8002/dev60cgi/f60cgi?record=/u06/oracle/testcomn/temp/reclogK.fld%20play=/u06/oracle/testcomn/temp/recordK.fld&config=playback

I'm asking my DBA to verify #3 of your checklist.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Kathy Prough
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy,

This config should work at Responsibility level but it is usual to set this at user level. Can you try your setup at user level please to see if that makes any difference?

What version of Oracle Forms do you use on your system? You can find the version number by selecting "About Oracle Applications" from the "Help" menu in Oracle 11i. Scroll through the various information in that form and you will find the Oracle Forms version number, it will be of the format 6.0.8.X.X.

Thanks,

Jonathan
kprough

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Additional Info. Reply with quote

We are using Forms version: Oracle Forms Version : 6.0.8.21.3

I tried the user level instead of the resonsibility level, and I did not have to log in twice, and DataLoad made some updates, but not what I wanted it to do. I want to query up a specific bank (Banks form) and then bank account (Bank Accounts form), change the account name and number information, save, and then return to the Banks form and start over by querying another bank. Is this something DataLoad can handle?
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, DataLoad can do this. I need to check your playback file to understand the problem. Can you email that to support@dataload.net please? Please also email me the original file recorded by Oracle that has not been edited in DataLoad.

Thanks,

Jonathan
kprough

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: More info. Reply with quote

I will provide the information you've requested as soon as I can track down my DBA. Thanks for your help!
kprough

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: It's working now Reply with quote

I guess you can't set up DataLoad to work at the responsibility level. It is working now at the user level. Thanks for your help.
dataminer29

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Plss help!!! Playback not working. Reply with quote

I am trying to upload pricelist on Oracle 11i instance. Record is ok. but data is not writing back in playback sessions.
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Can you let me have answers to the following please:

1. What is the value for the ICX: Forms Launcher profile option at user level for your playback user?
2. Does playback work in other forms?
3. What version of Oracle E-Business Suite are you using?
4. What is the version of Oracle Forms?
5. What happens when you run a playback? Is any data loaded, does Oracle hang/freeze, is an error shown, does Oracle start correctly, etc?

Thanks,

Jonathan Stuart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: