DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Browser Control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> General DataLoad Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tarundh

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Browser Control Reply with quote

Dataload 5.2.0
We need to load multiple parent and child records using the Browser Control feature. In Oracle Apps we need to enter the parent record, and then provide the child values for it. How can i do it?
i tried using the header, but header is available only once in a dataload, it cannot be repeated.
I tried using this without header also, but i cannot skip the empty cells. Is there a way to specify how to skip empty cells in browser control?
thanks!
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

To load multiple parent-child records you need to take the second approach you mentioned, i.e. use the main DataLoad spreadsheet and have blank cells on the rows where you just have child records.

You are correct that at present DataLoad processes blank cells when Browser Control is used. Blank cells are ignored in normal Macro loads because blank data can't be sent to a field but in Browser Control DataLoad can clear an Internet Explorer field so this is what happens with a blank cell.

However, we are changing this behaviour in the next version of DataLoad, V5.2.1.0, which will be released this month. In V5.2.1.0 there is a checkbox on the Run Load window to control how DataLoad handles blank cells in Browser Control. This checkbox, called "Skip blank DataLoad cells" is by default ticked and that causes DataLoad to ignore blank cells in Browser Control. When this checkbox is ticked you can still get DataLoad to clear an Internet Explorer field, i.e. as if the cell was blank and the checkbox not ticked, by putting *BLANK in the DataLoad cell. Of course, if the checkbox is not ticked then DataLoad processes all blank cells and attempts to clear the corresponding browser fields, which is the current behaviour.

A beta version of V5.2.1.0 is available to test now so you can try this new functionality. You can download the new version using the following link:

http://www.dataload.com/dlsetupv5210.exe

By default the new version will do exactly what you want and you won't need to change any of the default settings. If you do test the new version then please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Jonathan Stuart
tarundh

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jonathan!
I tried it and it works like a charm. i appreciate you incorporating this solution in the next release.
Tarun
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarun,

No problem. Please let us know if you find any other problems or have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Jonathan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> General DataLoad Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: