DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using DL for Applications outside of Oracle/PS/Lawson/JDE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oracle_hrms

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Using DL for Applications outside of Oracle/PS/Lawson/JDE Reply with quote

Is it possible to use DL and it's macro's for loading data into applications that are NON-Oracle/PS type. Specifically interested in loading data into Taleo's ATS application.
I am trying to add values to a Selection List (Similar to a LOV in Oracle). I've set up a DL and can load but have to do it one record at a time. If I could get the *ML feature to work, it would provide the solution as without it, I cannot return to the top of the record to start a new one.
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

DataLoad's macro loads are generic and can be loaded in to pretty much any application. You should be able to use DataLoad to load in to ATS. The *ml() mouse click is also generic and if you type *ml( in to a DataLoad cell then that will put DataLoad in to "helper" mode to help you capture the mouse coordinates. Let us know if you have any specific problems and we will try to help.

Thanks,

Jonathan Stuart
oracle_hrms

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jonathan.
Thank you for your quick response to my query.
I have tried the *ML for the ATS, however it doesn't work as it does in Oracle. I have a couple of thoughts and wonder if you can share some insight.
1. I am using the 'Other' as the Command Group. I have also tried the other 'EBS' command groups and the *ML did not work. Do you have a recommendation as to which Command Group I might have the best success with?
2. In the ATS, it is not loading data into a 'form' the way it does in Oracle. It is fields on a web-page. Could this be why it doesn't work? Again, what suggestion do you have around this?

Take care,
Robert
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Use the "Other" Command Group. However, the Command Group does not affect how *ML behaves. What is happening when you use *ML because it should work the same in all applications, i.e. this is not specific to Oracle.

The approach for loading in to a web page is the largely the same as for any other application. If you are using DataLoad Pro then definitely look at (and use) the Browser Control functionality because that works with any browser based application and not just Oracle Self Service. If you don't have DataLoad Pro then create your Macro load as normal although you may need to include more delays/sleeps depending on how responsive this application is.

Thanks,

Jonathan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: