DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

*ML isn't working in newest Classic version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaeChaffee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: *ML isn't working in newest Classic version Reply with quote

Trying to use *ML (a function I have used successfully for years) to locate a mouse click on the screen. With the newest version, when I position the cursor, type *ML into the DL cell, and hit enter, DL does not give me the usual message or autofill the location of the cursor.
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

This message now appears when you type *ML( rather than just *ML. This change is because *ML can now be used in Browser Control loads without any coordinates parameters, so *ML( must be entered to show that parameters are required before DataLoad helps you work out those parameters. Type *ML( and then the message should appear.

Also in V5 we have changed the way the coordinates are captured and this should make it easier to use *ML() because finding the correct coordinates caused problems for many users in V4.

There is more information about capturing the coordinates in the *ML section of the User Guide:

http://www.dataload.com/help/macro/commands.htm#builtin

Thanks,

Jonathan Stuart
crawshawd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not having much luck with the *ml either. If I key in *ml( it immediately is ready to accept the next mouse click even thought the message seems to indicate that I have to click OK before it'll record the mouse click. In prior versions, I could key in *ml, use alt+tab to go to the Oracle form, click the mouse as needed to get the area I wanted, position the mouse & not move it while I used alt+tab to go back to Dataload & hit enter to accept the mouse coordinates. I can't seem to do it with the new version of Dataload. The Oracle Item Master form requires a mouse click to see the list of other tabs that aren't visible.

Thanks for the help.
Dale
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale,

After you enter *ml( in DataLoad you do need to click OK on the pop-up message before DataLoad will capture the click coordinates. Having clicked OK DataLoad will capture the next mouse click. This should make it easier than the old method because you can Alt+Tab to Oracle, click in the form and the job is done.

Are you finding this is not working for you?

Thanks,

Jonathan Stuart
crawshawd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that I need two mouse clicks, one to open the list & a second one to pick the item on the list. With older version, it was picking up on the position of the mouse without a click so it worked fine for me. I could position the mouse, toggle back to Dataload without moving the mouse & press enter to load that position. With the new version, I can't get the second mouse click.

I'm probably not explaining this very well. The first click brings up a temporary list, the second click is to select an item from the list. The list disappears if I toggle to another program. I'd attach a screen shot but I don't know how to do that in this message.

Dale
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale,

I can think of two options here. First, can you open the list with a keystroke rather than a mouse click? If so then you could open the list with this keystroke and then use the mouse click for the click you want to capture. Alternatively, you could use the DataLoad Macro Recorder and with that you can capture multiple mouse clicks and use just the ones you need. You open the Macro Recorder by clicking the "Rec" button on the DataLoad toolbar. Make sure the checkbox is ticked in the recorder window to enable mouse recording. Having done this all your mouse clicks and keystrokes are captured in the recorder window and you can copy the ones you need to the DataLoad spreadsheet. You can get more details about the recorded via the following link:

http://www.dataload.com/help/macro/recorder.htm

Let me know if you need more help with this.

Thanks,

Jonathan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: