DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dataload is skipping columns.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEMCGRAW

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Dataload is skipping columns. Reply with quote

I'm running the same file that I ran two weeks ago. This time, it is kipping columns. I do not understand what is causing this. I even copy/pasted one line of data to a new sheet and it's still skipping. Anyone have any ideas? Question
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The first thing to try is to reduce the speed of the load. Increase one of the generic load delays, I suggest you use "Cell is processed", to a fairly high value so the load is really slow. You can find more details on doing that here:

http://www.dataload.net/help/macro/builtindelays.htm

Then run the load and see what happens.

If your load still skips columns then with the load going really slowly you should be able to see what the problem is.

If the load no longer skips columns then the problem was a timing issue. In that case you want to restore load performance by gradually reducing the delays so they are as low as possible but the load is still reliable. You may also find that it is just one or two areas of your load where problems occur when the delay is set low. In that case you could keep the delay low but add a *SL delay in one of the load columns to cause DataLoad to sleep at that point. That will maximise performance while ensuring reliability.

Regards,

Jonathan Stuart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: