DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple Language Support - Japanese and English

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nchheda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Multiple Language Support - Japanese and English Reply with quote

Hi,

I tried recording and playback using Japanese and English Language on my MLS Instance of Oracle 11.5.9

When I fetched the record file from the Unix box - it showed correct characters in Japanese.

However when the Playback happened, it entered the values as ????????????? instead of プロジェクト本社.

Please respond if anyone of you have faced this issue and have a resolution.

I have also asked dataload support and waiting for response.
David

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had something similar with French characters. To get around it, I went into DataLoad's "Options and Preferences", "Format" and ticked the box for "Unicode (UTF8) File Format)". It cured my problem at the time, although I have just logged another problem with DataLoad Support, which might be related to French characters, but then again it might not be.

Try the above, and let us know the outcome. If you do a record= while you do the play=, then look at the record file and let us know what is displayed there.

Confused HTH

David.
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nimesh,

There are two things you need to check for this to work correctly:

1) Ensure UTF8 is enabled in the Options form, as suggested by David.
2) If Japanese characters are not displaying correctly in DataLoad's spreadsheet then change the regional language settings on youir PC to support Japanese for non-Unicode applications.

Regards,

Jonathan
nchheda

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonathan,

I have tried both these things:

a) Set UTF8 compatiblity checkbox
b) Non-Unicode programs are in Japanese Language.

Still I am unable to copy paste data into Dataloader from Excel - as soon as I paste data, it becomes ????%%%?? instead of showing Japanese Characters correctly.

Regards
Nimesh Chheda
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nimesh,

Please also check that the font DataLoad is using for the spreadsheet supports the Japanese characters. You can change the font in the DataLoad Options form. Once the PC language setting is correct and you are using a font (not a Unicode font) that supports your characters then the data will display in DataLoad.

Regards,

Jonathan
nchheda

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonathan,

I tried your suggestions, and even after displaying the data in Japanese characters, when it loaded the data into Oracle, it loaded some junk characters, thereby not allowing that particular form to open, and directly disconnect.

I had to delete the data from backend to revert back to the original position and allow the form to open and proceed further.

Regards
Nimesh Chheda
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nimesh,

It is good to hear that you can now display Japanese in DataLoad.

With regard to the loading problem, can you tell me what load type you are using - macro load (.dld file extension) or forms playback (.fld file extension)?

Thanks,

Jonathan
David

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nchheda wrote:
..... and even after displaying the data in Japanese characters, when it loaded the data into Oracle, it loaded some junk characters, thereby not allowing that particular form to open, and directly disconnect.

I had to delete the data from backend to revert back to the original position and allow the form to open and proceed further.

We had exactly the same problem with French characters that had accents on them and ended up deleting them using SQL. (Fortunately it was not a production environment.)

I worked with our APPS DBA to resolve this, making use of a free utility, called Textpad which can be downloaded from http://www.textpad.com/ When you open a file with Textpad and do View, Document Properties, it shows the Code Set. This normally shows shows ANSI or UTF8.

If the file contains non-ANSI characters (such as my French accented characters or your Japanese characters) but the Code Set shows as ANSI, and you upload it, you will get the error you described. Viewing the uploaded records using SQL gives żżżżż and trying to view them via the forms results in a Forms error and the form closing immediately.

There appear to be two ways around the problem:-

1.) once the file has been transferred to the server, use the Oracle Apps Utility adncnv to conver the file to UTF8. The general syntax is:
adncnv <sourcefilename> <sourcefilecoding> <targetfilename> <targetfilecoding>
We have this in a script as
adncnv <sourcefilename> WE8MSWIN1252 <targetfilename> UTF8

or

2.) Follow these steps:
a.) Create a "record" file on the host,
b.) ftp it to the PC and load into DataLoad; immediately save this .fld file without making any changes, but keep the file open,
c.) Select all of the cells and Copy them,
d.) create a new Excel spreadsheet and paste them, then save the spreadsheet,
(This seems to create the Excel Spreadsheet in UTF8 (or UTF8-compatible) format. If you simply copy into an existing spreadsheet, it will stay as ANSI format and you will get the same errors again.)
e.) add as many new lines to your Excel spreadsheet as you require; you can even copy data from another (ANSI) spreadsheet,
f.) copy your entire spreadsheet (or as much as you want) into the open .fld file (see step b) then save this file with a new name and close it,
g.) open the new .fld file with Textpad and check that its Code Set is UTF8,
h.) ftp the new .fld file to the server
i.) load it using DataLoad Professional in Playback mode.

Cool HTH

David

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
pushpatil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Is Unicode (UTF8) available in classic version ? Reply with quote

Hi ,

Is the Tools--> Options & Preferences -->> Unicode (UTF8) File Format for FLD files available only for the Professional Version. Isn't it avialble for classic version?

We want to check the feasibility of this functionality before buying the professional version.

Thanx & Regards,
Pushpa Patil
David

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pushpa,

Tools, Options, opens the Options and Preferences form. The Display Options tab has a checkbox called "Unicode (UTF8) File Format for FLD Files". This is available in both the Classic and Professional versions.

You can test this functionality (and all of the Forms Playback functionality) from the Classic version. Classic will allow you to save a Forms Playback file (.fld) with a maximum of five lines. This is enough to prove that Forms Playback works, but is not sufficient for Production use, where you may want to load hundreds (or thousands) of records. So, if your test of 5 records works, you can confidently buy the Professional version.

I suggest that you go to the DataLoad Spreadsheets downloads page at http://www.dataload.net/downloads/spreadsheets/index.html and download one of the examples with a File Type of Form Load. Point your APPS DBA at the DataLoad Setup page at http://www.dataload.net/help/recplay/setup.htm and ask them to do the necessary. You will also need to be able to copy files between the end-user's PC and the server, so you need to discuss thaat with the APPS DBA as well. On Unix, don't forget to set the read/write permissions as well - off the top of my head I think that it is chmod 666 or something like that, but check it with a Unix guru first.

Cool HTH

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
pushpatil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Can we save fld sheet in classic version. Reply with quote

Hi David,

Thanx for your reply.

Can we save dataload sheet in .fld formt using classic version. Because save as option contains only for .dld file.

Thanx & Regards,
Pushpa Patil
David

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Sorry, no.

The only way to create a .fld file is by using Record mode, being sure to record at least two items, then transferring the resulting file from the server to your PC. You can then edit it, replacing the existing data and adding new records, up to a maximum of 5. You can then transfer this file back to the server and use Playback mode.

Cool HTH

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: