DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oracle Forms Playback - Setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonyng

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Oracle Forms Playback - Setup Reply with quote

I'm having trouble understanding the instructions for setting up Oracle Forms Playback from http://www.dataload.net/help/recplay/setup.htm#Forms45

Can anyone out there give me more specific insstructions.

I'm using Oracle applications 11.0.3 on AIX

Thanks in advance,
Tony
David

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony,

I assume that you are the APPS DBA at your site. (If not, then you need to ask the APPS DBA to help with the setup.)

What, precisely, are you having difficulty understanding? It may be helpful to read quickly through the instructions for 11i, to see if they help your general understanding (but don't get bogged down in the detail).

Sorry that I can't be more specific.
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
Dileep

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Request for Help Reply with quote

Hi

This would be a repetition of the above question.

I am not able to make heads or tails of the setup reqts for 11.0.3 / Forms Playback.

Is it something to do with the Client Machine or Is there something that I have to do on the database / apps server.

If possible kindly give me a contact number to call so that I can fix this issue once and for all.

Thanks & Regards,
Dileep

Business Systems Analyst
Sun Microsystems
David

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow The instructions referred to by the above link are for the server, not the Client Machine.

Arrow They need to be performed by the APPS DBA.

Sad I am not an APPS DBA, I am just a user with some technical understanding, and I do not work for DataLoad.

Idea Can I please suggest that you refer to the "Contact Us" page http://www.dataload.net/contact/index.html for a 'phone number and email address for DataLoad Support. They should be able to help you, provided that you have bought a licence.

Cool HTH

Sad Sorry I can't do any more to help you myself.

David.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
Sunil

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Forms Playback Reply with quote

Hi

Are there any list of instructions or an user guide that can be followed to setup Forms Playback and Recording on the data loader professional version.

We are on 11.5.10.2 on Unix Server.

I tried to implement the steps that are defined in the help section, but it did not work out. Do I need to enable / setup any option on the .fld file before starting the data load operation. Please advise

Thanks
Sunil
David

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Forms Playback Reply with quote

Sunil wrote:
I tried to implement the steps that are defined in the help section, but it did not work out.

Can you please be a little bit more specific?

Arrow Did the load start, then stop?
If it didn't start, then make sure that the file is readable by all users (see below).
If it started, then stopped, look at the the data at the point where it stopped (see below).

Arrow Are you playing back in the same environment (TEST, PROD) as you recorded?
If not, then look at the data (userid, password, responsibility, navigation, etc) then check the data is valid for this environment. This is also important if you are entering data that is validated against a Value Set.

Arrow Are you able to Record?
If not, make sure that other users can read and write to the directory/folder specified, by doing a chmod 777 on the directory.

Sunil wrote:
Do I need to enable / setup any option on the .fld file before starting the data load operation.

Make sure that the file is readable by other users. In our HP-UX environment, I do this by issuing the command
chmod 644 <filename>
I have never used DataLoad in a Windows Server environment, but I would guess that the Application Server will have to be able to read the folder where the playback file is held, and that the playback file's "Hidden" attribute is not set.
Once you have DataLoad Professional working, that is all that is required, as far as I know, for each individual playback file that you generate.

Cool HTH. If not, please provide more information.

David.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: