DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can we determine a Forms PlayBack Load Completion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raptors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: How can we determine a Forms PlayBack Load Completion Reply with quote

Dear members,

We are using Data Load Professional to load records in oracle forms. we are using the Forms Play Back Method to accomplish this.

When we start the play back session , how can we determine , when the load is completed. In Macro Loads we have a status bar which displays the time and status of the load . By this we can know when the load is completed, but how can we do the same thing in Forms Play Back.

Your Comments are Highly Appreciated.

Thanks
Sandeep
David

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandeep,

In DataLoad Classic, the whole process runs on the PC, so it knows how big the file is and how far through it is and when it is finished.

In DataLoad Professional, the PC is only used as a display device to show the results of the process (the load through Oracle Forms) which is being run on the server. The PC cannot determine how far through the process the server is, nor when it has completed.

The most reliable way to be certain that the playback has finished is to create a record file during the playback, then check that the last record in the record file reflects the last record in the playback file.

Cool HTH

David.
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
raptors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Urgent!!!!!!! Reply with quote

David,

I understand that we open the record.fld file to see what records loaded by seeing the last record in it during the playback.

In Macro load suppose we have 100 records to load it will take 30 minutes for the load to complete. we can see the load completion status on the PC Visually, But in Dataload Professional during playback how can we determine when to see the record.fld file.

Suppose i have some thousands of records and i am using the playback method to load. I start the playback. After how much time should i go to record.fld file to see what records loaded in the system.

Here Time is the main factor. There is no means to determine the time for load completion. Iam really confused guys here.

If the records are less it will load fast but if we have more records it will take some time to load.If i can know that "some time", i can always come back after that time to see the log file(record.fild).

Dataload must provide some means for this. Correct me if i am wrong.
Suppose i start the playback and suppose it takes 10 minutes for the load to complete. Since here i am unaware of time for the load to complete, suppose i go after 5 min and see the log file then it always will show the wrong data since i went earlier than 10 minutes.

Thanks
sandeep
David

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandeep,

Take a look at the enry by DataLoad in http://www.dataload.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69 This may give you the pointers you need. Please let us know.

Cool HTH
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandeep,

Further to what David said, in forms playback loads you can see the load running in Oracle so you know when the load is complete because you see that data is no longer being populated in the form and Oracle returns to "normal" for you to use. If you are not seeing the form updates then it could be that these are turned off - as per David's last message - so you either need to turn these on (which is the best approach) or monitor the audit file on the server or have another session of Oracle open and query back records there to check for all the data being loaded.

Thanks and regards,

Jonathan Stuart
ktodd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are familiar with the tables being updated by your script and have access to a query tool (ex. TOAD), just write some sql and you can monitor the new records as they are being created. This seems to be easiest approach to me, rather than continuing to open a file to seeing how many records have been created.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: