DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

*NB and Oracle Assets 11.5.10.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DallasTDi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: *NB and Oracle Assets 11.5.10.2 Reply with quote

I have always had good results with DL and Oracle Assets, until 11i rolled around. A few months ago, I finally tried to use the Next Block command (*NB) again and it actually worked in 11.5.10.2 and Category setups, after not working with previous 11i instances. However, today I pull out the same exact scripts to load some new categories and all of a sudden, using *NB after querying the existing Major/Minor no longer jumps down to the Asset Book field. It now displays a FRM-##### (I am writing this at the airport and didn't bring the error code with me) and says that the Major/Minor it pulled up is the "last record of query" or something to that effect. So now *NB no longer jumps to the next block - it seems to be trying to perform a "record/last" function.

Any ideas of how to gain the use back or am I going to have to resort back to the {TAB 9} option? And the cursor position option has never worked for me, so I may have to try one more time to get that working now that I see a VERY helpful post on it below. But anyone else having an issue with *NB?
David

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you click on the "Edit Commands" button on the DataLoad toolbar, you will find that *NB is a shortcut for \+{PGDN} which translates as follows:-
\ = send the following as keystrokes
+ = Shift
{PGDN} = Page Down
or Shift+PgDn

So, the first thing you might try is opening the form, querying the existing major/minor and looking at exactly where the cursor is sitting (it may be in the wrong place, but don't move it yet), then trying Shift+PgDn manually. If the cursor is now in the right place for loading categories, then it would appear that there is indeed a problem with DataLoad. If it is not in the right place, then there may be a problem with your spreadsheet.

One thing that you could try is replacing the *NB with \+{PGDN} and see if that has any effect. The other thing, as I am sure that you are aware, is to try puting a delay after the *NB, by clicking the "Set Delays" button on the DataLoad Toolbar, then scrolling down to *NB and setting a delay of 0.5 or 1 or 1.5 seconds between issuing the *NB and sending the next cell.

Please do let us know how you get on.

Cool HTH

David
Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
DallasTDi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: I think this must be a DL issue Reply with quote

WithOUT using DL, I can replicate the pagedown function by pressing "shift-pagedown" on the keyboard and the system performs as expected.

Using DL, I have tried three ways and still get the FRM-40352 Last Record of Query Retrieved:

I have changed the DL to use \+{PGDN} and still get the error. I have added an extra TAB in the script to move the cursor one field off of the major/minor and then tried both the *NB and also the \+{PGDN}, but I still get the error.

So now I am very confused. This is a case where the commands work on the keyboard but the DL script does not work correctly. The Edit\Commands is set correctly for *NB. And I have tried this in two Oracle instances here at the client site with identical results.

I should point out that we had to downgrade from the latest DL version back to 4.2.0 a few months ago because of incompatibility between that and our desktops that had recently had a MicroSoft Japan language pack installed, so we are currently running on DL 4.2.0 But I do not understand why I have a *NB issue now as described above.

Any other ideas? In the meantime, I am going to replace my *NB with the old TAB9 function. Thanks
David

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but you are outside my area of expertise, so I am going to ask DataLoad Support if they can help you.

Sad David

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
DallasTDi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Any updates? Reply with quote

Are there any updates? It's a continuing issue
David

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have emailed Support@Dataload.net asking them to take a look at this for you. I shall send them a gentle reminder.

David.

David K. Dickson
DataLoad Forum Moderator
DallasTDi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: I think I found the answer by accident Reply with quote

The command does NOT work with Windows 2000, but apparently DOES work with WinXP machines.
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was an issue with DataLoad versions prior to V4.2.5.0 that only occurred on Windows 2000 and higher operating systems. The problem was fixed with a workaround in V4.2.5.0 and fixed properly in V4.2.5.1. You should use DataLoad V4.2.5.1 or higher to prevent this problem from occurring. In lower versions the combinations of Shift with PageUp or PageDn or various other system keys would not always work correctly.

Jonathan Stuart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Macro Load Support (.dld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: