DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chinese Charachters Displaying as ??????? in DataLoad Sheet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> General DataLoad Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
batman77

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Chinese Charachters Displaying as ??????? in DataLoad Sheet Reply with quote

Hi. I have an excel spreadsheet that I am trying to load into dataload.
2 Columns are that chinese charachters are displayed perfectly in excel, as i have the chinese langauge option loaded in my regional settings. I also can view chinese symbols perfectly via ODBC connections to live oracle tables... but when i try to paste in my values into dataload, all i get are "?????????"

I have tried setting the display font to Arial MS Unicode, and have tried the UTF8 check box option...which is what i believe displays chinese OK

Any suggestions?

Thanks
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

This issue is caused by DataLoad not being able to display the Chinese characters correctly. The UTF-8 checkbox does not affect the display but instead causes forms playback (FLD) files to be saved in Unicode UTF-8 format, which is required if your database character set is UTF-8. This option has no effect for macro (DLD) loads.

The two key things to get right for DataLoad to be able to display Chinese or any other multi-buyte language are:

1. Font (In particular, don't use a Unicode font as you have currently selected)
2. PC's regional language settings.

Please see the following forum thread for more information on these points:

http://www.dataload.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11

Regards,

Jonathan Stuart,
DataLoad Support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> General DataLoad Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: